Associate Product Marketing Manager
Marketing & Communications, Product
Posted on Friday, October 27, 2023
Are you ready to power the World's connections?
If you don’t think you meet all of the criteria below but are still interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box - we’re looking for candidates that are particularly strong in a few areas, and have some interest and capabilities in others.
About the role:
We’re seeking an ambitious, creative, tech-savvy product marketer to contribute to the go-to-market motion for both the enterprise and open-source product and help define the future of how organizations manage applications and services. This is an opportunity for the right person to have an outsized impact at a high-visibility company. The best candidate will help raise our product, technical, and solution content to the next level, engaging and activating our customers and users, and fueling our marketing funnel and sales motion. Your work will be noticed, and the impact will be felt by the company and a massive user base and ecosystem.
You have a thirst for learning, and you are always ready to pitch in and try something new. You take initiative and get stuff done. You are comfortable working in fast paced start-up environments. You are a great storyteller. You understand how cutting edge technologies work, and you can translate that into business value. You love creating compelling content. You know how to communicate with different audiences, so your stories and messages resonate. You are inclusive, kind and people enjoy working with you.
Why should you want to work at Kong?
Market Opportunity - We are on a quest to build a $10b+ software company over the next few years and need YOUR help!
- Why APIs Matter? APIs have been enabling innovation for decades!
- Strong VC team, Series D, strong year-over-year revenue growth!
Technical Leadership - We are recognized as the leader in innovation in the API space.
- Gartner Magic Quadrant Leader 4 consecutive years
- Gartner Peer Insights Voice of the Customer Customers’ Choice Award Recipient
- GigaOm Release Radar for Service Mesh—Named Outperforming Leader
Amazing Team & Culture - Come be a "Konger" and find out what we mean.
- Remote first
- Flexible time off
- Stock options
What you'll be doing:
- Contribute to the creation and execution of the go to market strategy for Kong Gateway Enterprise and Kong Konnect. Generate compelling positioning and messaging for each key audience and use case
- Work cross-functionally to drive messaging through all channels and enable sales with strategies aligned to customer personas and pain points
- Create collateral and assets across the customer journey, including presentations, briefs, white papers, blog posts, and videos for Funnel Marketing
- Become a subject matter expert to evangelize the product, use cases, and best practices to the community. Develop and execute influencer marketing leveraging analysts, press and the community
- Identify and manage key performance metrics to establish customer-focused and results-oriented strategies
- And any additional tasks required by manager
What we are looking for:
- 1-3 years B2B product marketing, technical marketing, or product management experience with deep expertise and appreciation for marketing next-generation technology products to both technical and business audiences
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with meticulous attention to detail
- A track record of delivering compelling, breakthrough content targeting technical audiences
- Deep appreciation for open-source and familiarity with prevailing trends in cloud computing, microservices architectures, API management, and DevOps. Expertise in any one of these preferred
- Strong analytical skills, business acumen, and flexibility to manage a changing set of opportunities and fluency in a fast-paced environment
- Start-up experience preferred
- Public speaking
- Experience with product marketing metrics
Kong has different base pay ranges for different work locations within the United States, which allows us to pay employees competitively and consistently in different geographic markets. Compensation varies depending on a wide array of factors, including but not limited to specific candidate location, role, skill set and level of experience. Certain roles are eligible for additional rewards including sales incentives depending on the terms of the applicable plan and role. Benefits may vary depending on location. US based employees are typically offered access to healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan, short and long term disability benefits, basic life and AD&D insurance, among others. The typical base pay range for this role in the US is $75,000 - 95,000. There is no bonus for this role.
What is a Konger?
We are a group of makers, thinkers, and doers focused on helping today’s developers build tomorrow’s technology. Our teams work on the bleeding edge of API innovation to provide our users with a central nervous system for data and services.
We put design at the heart of everything we do, and we’re relentlessly focused on creating beautiful experiences for our customers. That’s why technology companies, major banks, e-commerce innovators, and government agencies put Kong in front of their most important web applications.
We believe in the power of Open Source and everything it stands for. That’s why developers around the world enthusiastically contribute on top of our open-source platform.
We are passionate about solving challenges that will fundamentally shape the future of technology, and we’re looking for the right people to join us on our mission. If you believe in taking ownership of your work, making an impact, and having fun along the way, we would love to talk to you.
Kong Core Values:
Be Inclusive. We work together from anywhere to achieve our common goals. Our differences make us stronger.
Be Authentic. We are genuine, principled and confident without arrogance. Show respect and kindness, especially in tough moments.
Be Relentlessly Resourceful. We work with purpose, obsession and grit. It takes muscle to do hard things and doing hard things build muscle.
Be Customer Obsessed. We care. Customers are everything, we put them at the center of everything you do. We are all empowered to make an impact.
Be Curious. We value ideas over hierarchy. Never accept the status quo. We make bold bets, fail, and learn everyday. There is always a way.
Be an Owner. We are drivers not passengers and own the quality and outcomes of our work.
Kong is THE cloud native API platform with the fastest, most adopted API gateway in the world (over 300m downloads!). Loved by developers and trusted with enterprises’ most critical traffic volumes, Kong helps startups and Fortune 500 companies build with confidence – allowing them to bring solutions to market faster with API and service connectivity that scales easily and securely.
83% of web traffic today is API calls! APIs are the connective tissue of the cloud and the underlying technology that allows software to talk and interact with one another. Therefore, we believe that APIs act as the nervous system of the cloud. Our audacious mission is to build the nervous system that will safely and reliably connect all of humankind!
For more information about Kong, please visit konghq.com or follow @thekonginc on Twitter.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.