Senior Solutions Engineer, Australia
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Posted on Saturday, January 13, 2024
Are you ready to power the World's connections?
If you don’t think you meet all of the criteria below but are still interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box - we’re looking for candidates that are particularly strong in a few areas, and have some interest and capabilities in others.
About the role:
As part of our Sales organization, Kong's Solution Engineers play an instrumental role in our continued growth and success as they align with our Account Executive team and lead the technical sale cycle with new and existing customers. This is a position supporting enterprise and strategic accounts. If you are motivated by the opportunity to drive new business while learning and evangelizing our cutting-edge technology, we want to speak to you!
Why should you want to work at Kong?
Market Opportunity - We are on a quest to build a $10b+ software company over the next few years and need YOUR help!
Why APIs Matter? APIs have been enabling innovation for decades!
Strong VC team, Series D, strong year-over-year revenue growth!
Technical Leadership - We are recognized as the leader in innovation in the connectivity space.
Marco, our CTO/co-founder - “We are the Cisco of L4 and L7” - CUBE Conversation, March 2021
We are the leading innovator in the connectivity space!
Amazing Team & Culture - Come be a "Konger" and find out what we mean.
Great Place to Work Certified in 2020 & 2021
Kong employees exemplify our culture at our 2022 Sales Kickoff
Building Great Products - Learn why the world's largest companies love our tech!
What you'll be doing:
- Support field sales in helping customers understand the value of the Kong API Management & Connectivity solutions.
- Grow trusted client relationships throughout the entire sales lifecycle, from initial discovery/ requirement gathering to product reviews/ demos and into production.
- Lead and manage PoCs throughout the entire evaluation process.
- Work with the Customer Success team to enable new customers and establish revenue potential with existing customers.
- Support and enable partners to drive customer success and outcomes.
- Coordinate with support, product, and engineering teams to prioritize customer needs and ensure 100% satisfaction across the assigned set of accounts.
- Participate in creative lead-generating activities such as creating blog posts, leading webinars, working on industry events, etc.
- Ability to travel as required.
- And any additional tasks required by the manager.
What you'll bring for success:
- 10 years or more of industry experience in software and technology.
- 5 years or more of pre-sales Solution Engineering or relevant experience at a SaaS, Open-source, or Enterprise Software company.
- Proven experience working with middleware, API management, integration, open-source technology and Kubernetes.
- Foundational knowledge and understanding of API Management and integration, Cloud computing trends, and open-source business models.
- Confident ability to present and lead discussions with C or Director level executives as well as Product Managers and Engineers.
- Enthusiasm for working in a high-profile, fast-paced startup culture.
What is a Konger?
We are a group of makers, thinkers, and doers focused on helping today’s developers build tomorrow’s technology. Our teams work on the bleeding edge of API innovation to provide our users with a central nervous system for data and services.
We put design at the heart of everything we do, and we’re relentlessly focused on creating beautiful experiences for our customers. That’s why technology companies, major banks, e-commerce innovators, and government agencies put Kong in front of their most important web applications.
We believe in the power of Open Source and everything it stands for. That’s why developers around the world enthusiastically contribute on top of our open-source platform.
We are passionate about solving challenges that will fundamentally shape the future of technology, and we’re looking for the right people to join us on our mission. If you believe in taking ownership of your work, making an impact, and having fun along the way, we would love to talk to you.
Kong Core Values:
Be Inclusive. We work together from anywhere to achieve our common goals. Our differences make us stronger.
Be Authentic. We are genuine, principled and confident without arrogance. Show respect and kindness, especially in tough moments.
Be Relentlessly Resourceful. We work with purpose, obsession and grit. It takes muscle to do hard things and doing hard things build muscle.
Be Customer Obsessed. We care. Customers are everything, we put them at the center of everything you do. We are all empowered to make an impact.
Be Curious. We value ideas over hierarchy. Never accept the status quo. We make bold bets, fail, and learn everyday. There is always a way.
Be an Owner. We are drivers not passengers and own the quality and outcomes of our work.
Kong is THE cloud native API platform with the fastest, most adopted API gateway in the world (over 300m downloads!). Loved by developers and trusted with enterprises’ most critical traffic volumes, Kong helps startups and Fortune 500 companies build with confidence – allowing them to bring solutions to market faster with API and service connectivity that scales easily and securely.
83% of web traffic today is API calls! APIs are the connective tissue of the cloud and the underlying technology that allows software to talk and interact with one another. Therefore, we believe that APIs act as the nervous system of the cloud. Our audacious mission is to build the nervous system that will safely and reliably connect all of humankind!
For more information about Kong, please visit konghq.com or follow @thekonginc on Twitter.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.