Senior Software Engineer - Logs/traces (Bangalore)
Posted on Friday, January 26, 2024
Are you ready to power the World's connections?
If you don’t think you meet all of the criteria below but are still interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box - we’re looking for candidates that are particularly strong in a few areas, and have some interest and capabilities in others.
Design, develop, and maintain microservices that power Kong Konnect, the Service Connectivity Platform. Working closely with Product Management and teams across Engineering, you will develop software that has a direct impact on our customers' business and Kong's success.
This opportunity is hybrid with 3 days in office and 2 days work from home
What you will do
- Implement, and maintain services that power high bandwidth logging and tracing services for our cloud platform such as indexing and searching logs and traces of API requests powered by Kong Gateway and Kuma Service Mesh.
- Implement efficient solutions at scale using distributed and multi-tenant cloud storage and streaming systems.
- Implement cloud systems that are resilient to regional and zonal outages.
- Participate in an on-call rotation to support services in production, ensuring high performance and reliability.
- Write and maintain automated tests to ensure code integrity and prevent regressions.
- Mentor other team members.
- Undertake additional tasks as assigned by the manager.
What you will bring
- 5+ years working in a team to develop, deliver, and maintain complex software solutions.
- Experience in log ingestion, indexing, and search at scale.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with OpenSearch/Elasticsearch and other full-text search engines.
- Experience with streaming platforms such as Kafka, AWS Kinesis, etc.
- Operational experience in running large-scale, high-performance internet services, including on-call responsibilities.
- Experience with JVM and languages such as Java and Scala.
- Experience with AWS and cloud platforms for SaaS teams.
- Experience designing, prototyping, building, monitoring, and debugging microservices architectures and distributed systems.
- Understanding of cloud-native systems like Kubernetes, Gitops, and Terraform.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science.
- Experience with columnar stores like Druid/Clickhouse/Pinot.
- Experience working on new products/startups.
- Experience contributing to Open Source Software projects.
- Experience working or developing L4/L7 proxies such as Nginx, HA-proxy, Envoy, etc.