Senior Software Engineer in Test - Konnect Cloud (Bangalore)
Posted on Tuesday, February 6, 2024
Are you ready to power the World's connections?
About the role:
The Software Engineer in Test is an integral part of konnect cloud engineer team, participating in all sprint activities and contributing to the overall quality of the finished feature by being involved from the earliest stages of design and development through verification, deployment, and production support.
This opportunity is hybrid with 3 days in office and 2 days work from home
What you'll do:
- Evaluate existing testing tools and test suite, develop and execute on plan for continuously increasing coverage and decreasing test execution time
- Establish best practices for testing and evangelize them across the team and engineering organization
- Design and implement test automation harness as part of continuous integration pipeline
- Design test cases and execute all types of testing (e.g. functional, integration, end-to-end, security, and performance, both manual and automated)
- Own quality metrics, including code coverage, for the scrum team
- Make recommendations for appropriate quality goals
- Participate in on-call rotation to support the applications you test
What you'll bring:
- Functional testing experience, including defining test strategy, test planning, test case design, execution, and reporting
- Expertise with automated testing tools and strategies
- Understanding of web application structure and potential "soft spots"
- Awareness of common web security vulnerabilities and how to test for them
Bonus Points - Hands-on experience with any of the following:
- API testing (RESTful, gRPC preferred)
- Microservice testing
- Experience measuring and testing quality for a high-availability PaaS or SaaS offering