Staff Frontend Engineer
Namely is seeking a Staff Frontend Engineer to join an innovative, forward-thinking team using a modern tech stack. Namely Engineering consists of fullstack feature teams responsible for delivering products to customers, and platform teams responsible for cross-product work. You will work closely with engineers across the platform teams and the rest of the engineering org to evolve the frontend platform to provide the bedrock for future feature delivery.
They will be responsible for the overall direction and execution of the Namely’s Frontend Platform strategy, including:
- The future of the frontend platform architecture
- Core libraries and components as part of our Design System
- Common patterns for data access, state management, and code organization across all of Namely Frontend Engineering
- Continuous integration and deployment of all frontend code across Namely’s environments
- Reviewing and supporting frontend technical designs across teams
- Participating in design discussions and roadmap planning to ensure frontend concerns are well represented
- Driving forward Namely’s frontend community, including mentorship of frontend talent across the organization
- Maintaining and upgrading frontend frameworks and tools
- 10+ years of experience as a frontend software engineer
- Hands on leadership setting technical direction and architecting solutions
- Experience designing and maintaining CI/CD in a complex environment
- Experience working across teams to foster adoption of libraries, patterns and architectural approaches
- Experience with frontend testing frameworks and best practices
- Investment and interest in the frontend community and ecosystem, including open source work, stackoverflow posts, blogs, etc.
We understand the importance of being excited about the technology you work with, so we’ve included our stack below. You don’t have to be fluent in it all, but we want engineers who are excited to dive in and understand these tools and technologies:
- Framework: React
- State: Redux + Redux Thunk + Reselect, Formik, Relay + GraphQL
- Router: React Router
- CSS: CSS Modules
- Testing: Jest, React Testing Library, Chromatic, Cypress
- Tooling: Webpack, Babel, PostCSS, Prettier
- Linting: ESLint, Stylelint
- Docs: Storybook
**Notice for candidates located in the following states: CA, CO, NJ, NY, WA
Please note the base salary range for this position is between $130,000 - $160,000 annually. The salary is dependent on experience, knowledge, and skills based on the responsibilities outlined in the job description.
Tech Talks and Blogs by Namely Labs Engineers:
- HTTP and JSON for your gRPC services
- Growing up with AWS
- Using .NET Core in Production
- Following an Internal Open Source model of Software Development
- Namely Labs Blog
Namely Company Culture Highlights
- Winner of Comparably's Award for Best Company Outlook 2022
- Winner of Comparably's Award for Best CEOs for Diversity 2022
- Winner of Comparably's Award for Best Leadership Teams 2022
Check us out on Comparably: https://www.comparably.com/companies/namely
Namely is the first HR, payroll, and benefits platform employees actually love to use. People are at the center of everything we do—from our platform to our staff. Why join us? We believe every company and every employee deserves a great workplace, supported by HR technology they use and love. Most importantly, we believe in giving you the tools you need to do the best work of your career.
We invite you to fill out the EEO survey below as part of our ongoing diversity initiatives at Namely. Your participation in the survey is completely optional and voluntary, and none of the information you provide will be considered in the hiring process or with respect to any employment decision made by Namely. Namely will have access only to anonymized data submitted through these surveys.
Something looks off?