Senior Frontend Software Engineer
Namely is seeking a Frontend Software Engineer to join an innovative, forward-thinking team using a modern tech stack and be responsible for:
- Developing clean, accessible, and modern web applications
- Building core libraries and components as part of our Design System
- Utilizing technologies like React, GraphQL, React Context and Hooks and Typescript
- Reviewing and supporting frontend technical designs across teams
- Participating in design discussions and roadmap planning to ensure frontend concerns are well represented
You will join a feature team and closely collaborate with Backend Engineers as well as Designers and Product Managers. You will help build the team culture and cultivate innovation by driving collaboration and execution of frontend technologies. You will take part in the frontend technical design process, push forward and refine our technology stack, user experience, and creative practices across the company.
- 5+ years of experience as a frontend software engineer
- Experience with frontend testing frameworks and best practices
- Experience developing solutions to ambiguous frontend problems with significant impact
- Experience using Git and Github in a team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
We understand the importance of being excited about the technology you work with, so we’ve included our stack below. You don’t have to be fluent in it all, but we want engineers who are excited to dive in and understand these tools and technologies:
- Framework: React
- State: React Context, Urql/Apollo + GraphQL
- Router: React Router
- CSS: CSS Modules
- Testing: Jest, React Testing Library, Chromatic, Cypress
- Tooling: Webpack, Babel, PostCSS, Prettier
- Linting: ESLint, Stylelint
- Docs: Storybook
**Notice for candidates located in the following states: CA, CO, NJ, NY, WA
Please note the base salary range for this position is between $120,000 - $150,000 annually. The salary is dependent on experience, knowledge, and skills based on the responsibilities outlined in the job description.
Tech Talks and Blogs by Namely Labs Engineers:
- HTTP and JSON for your gRPC services
- Growing up with AWS
- Using .NET Core in Production
- Following an Internal Open Source model of Software Development
- Namely Labs Blog
Namely Company Culture Highlights
- Winner of Comparably's Award for Best Company Outlook 2022
- Winner of Comparably's Award for Best CEOs for Diversity 2022
- Winner of Comparably's Award for Best Leadership Teams 2022
Check us out on Comparably: https://www.comparably.com/companies/namely
Namely is the first HR, payroll, and benefits platform employees actually love to use. People are at the center of everything we do—from our platform to our staff. Why join us? We believe every company and every employee deserves a great workplace, supported by HR technology they use and love. Most importantly, we believe in giving you the tools you need to do the best work of your career.
We invite you to fill out the EEO survey below as part of our ongoing diversity initiatives at Namely. Your participation in the survey is completely optional and voluntary, and none of the information you provide will be considered in the hiring process or with respect to any employment decision made by Namely. Namely will have access only to anonymized data submitted through these surveys.
Something looks off?