Sr. Product Manager, Trust and Safety (WA or FL)
About the role:
Are you a customer-focused product manager who wants to work at one of Seattle’s most successful startups? OfferUp is seeking a Trust & Safety Product Manager.
This Product Manager will play a critical role in delivering compliance infrastructure and functionality to protect users on the OfferUp platform. In this role, you will be an integral part of the product development process. You will develop project plans, build roadmaps, guide prioritization, break initiatives into smaller projects, write feature briefs, oversee delivery, launch experiments, define & monitor outcomes via metrics, understand customer perceptions, and present results. You will partner closely with OfferUp’s legal department, design team, engineering team, and other product groups to ensure agile delivery of solutions. This role is all about delivering tangible product features and associated internal processes that ensure OfferUp is a safe and trusted platform.
You must be highly motivated and organized. We are looking for an excellent thinker with strong quantitative skills, intellectual curiosity, and the ability to work through complex issues, and a proven ability to execute and deliver features.
Here’s more of what you will get to do:
- Contribute to both the compliance and Trust & Safety feature roadmaps
- Deliver features that keep Offerup compliant with laws and regulations
- Deliver features that protect users from fraud, scams, or other unwanted experiences
- Guide generation of end-to-end feature requirements through collaboration with analysts, designers, data scientists, engineers, sales, support, marketing, and business leadership
- Work with the Senior Principal Product Manager to ensure the features you implement help solve larger strategic problems
- Use sound judgment to evaluate multiple tradeoffs, competing priorities, and business or technical constraints
- Influence cross-functional leaders with contributions to discussions and decisions
You’ll thrive in this role if you have:
- 3 to 5 years of industry experience
- 2+ years experience in trust & safety, protection services, privacy, compliance, or similar functions
- 1+ years running experiments on a common experimentation platform
- Experience with data analysis and applying quantitative reasoning to solve multidimensional problems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with non-technical and technical audiences across all levels of the organization
- Ability to execute quickly with limited guidance on complex, cross-functional projects with multiple working groups, building high-performance team dynamics
- A driven, self-starter personality that thrives in a fast-paced environment, juggling multiple,competing priorities to create positive outcomes
- Ability to influence and persuade decision-making across a wide range of stakeholder disciplines to deliver change.
- Ability to quickly absorb technical concepts and communicate them to a non-technical audience
Helpful, but not required:
- Familiarity with Authentication, email OTP, Phone OTP, Account Takeovers, scripted registration attacks, and VPN technologies
- Experience with incident response planning
- Experience in a C2C marketplace business model environment
- Experience working on products with diverse customer segments
- Experience writing corporate policies
Compensation Range:$170,000 - $198,000
OfferUp offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to the business. Individual salaries within our ranges are determined through a variety of factors including, but not limited to education, experience, knowledge, skills and geography. All roles will receive equity in OfferUp as part of their compensation, the amount of equity varying depending on the individual’s level and experience.
In addition to our compensation package, this role is eligible to enroll in health insurance, healthcare savings and spending accounts, retirement savings benefits (401(k) plan with match), basic and voluntary life insurance, disability benefits, and paid time off for sick leave, family and/or medical leave, vacation, and 12 company holidays. In regard to vacation time, OfferUp has a flexible vacation policy and, in general, full-time exempt employees will be expected to take 3-5 weeks (15-30 days) of pre-planned vacation time per year. Vacation needs are flexible and will naturally vary from year to year based on individual circumstances and business needs. In regard to sick time, all full-time employees (exempt and non-exempt) will be granted 12 days (96 hours) of sick time per year (pro-rated if they start a date other than January 1). Your recruiter can share more details about specific benefits during the interview process.
OfferUp is dedicated to changing the way people buy and sell in their communities. As the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the U.S., the company offers iOS and Android apps that make selling an item as easy as snapping a picture from your mobile device. Founded in April 2011, OfferUp is reinventing local commerce by helping consumers uncover value through simplicity and trust. In 2020, OfferUp combined with letgo to reach more than 20M monthly users.
More About OfferUp At a Glance
- #2 U.S. shopping app in Q1 of ‘21, Top 5 in App Store and Google Play Store for three years.
- 100M+ Downloads, 20M+ monthly users
- 56M People used OfferUp last year (1 in 4 people over the age of 14)
- OfferUp works directly with nearly 2,000 US law enforcement agencies to build trust in local communities by creating safe in-person locations for OfferUp transactions.
- Billions of dollars worth of transactions are facilitated via the OfferUp marketplace every month
OfferUp is changing the way people buy and sell locally, and we’ve built a dynamic team to do it. To learn more about what it’s like to work at OfferUp, check out our blog: https://blog.offerup.com
OfferUp provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OfferUp complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
OfferUp expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OfferUp’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.