Sr. Visual Designer
About the role:
The OfferUp design team is looking for an experienced Senior Visual Designer to work with the marketing team to communicate the values and priorities of the brand through its visual expression at key touchpoints. We are looking for someone who can weave together color, typography, layout, imagery, iconography, motion, and brand into a cohesive, beautiful, inspired design language across a suite of products.
Successful candidates will have 5-8 years of agency and/or consumer brand experience and will thrive in a fast-paced environment by proactively seeking out input and feedback from stakeholders. This position reports to the Senior Marketing Manager.
Please submit your portfolio with your resumé.
What we love about this role:
- Partner with your Visual Design and Marketing teammates to regularly evaluate and update email and social content (and bring a healthy appreciation for the power of those channels to enrich relationships with customers)
- Build creative assets for digital advertising campaigns using existing creative templates, and develop new concepts and design approaches for digital channels
- Be a champion of the OfferUp Style Guide and help us create a consistent look & feel for the brand across marketing channels
- Collaborate closely between the product, engineering and marketing teams to ensure that we implement a holistic brand story across our product and marketing communications
- Tailor presentations and reviews to different audiences (working team, department heads, executive team)
- Participate in marketing and UX team crit sessions, sharing work in progress and providing feedback to other team members
You’ll thrive in this role if you have:
- 5-8 years experience at either a design agency, or as an in-house designer with the ability to provide guidance and lead by example to foster a culture of collaboration and growth.
- BFA or equivalent in Design, Visual Communication, Graphic Design, or related field
- Advanced proficiency with the Adobe Creative Suite
- Highly fluent in the latest design tools such as Figma, Sketch, and Invision, and proficient at quickly learning new ones
- Highly-developed, clean, modern aesthetic design sense
- Familiarity with email, social media, and other digital marketing best practices
- Experience with motion design and animation
- You don’t fear tight deadlines, and you love designing for multiple business applications
- You’re a great presenter, and you’re comfortable explaining your reasoning behind design decisions to groups both small and large
- You don’t shy from criticism, and you’re able to balance and apply feedback from multiple peers and teams at once
- You’re a pro at organization, with the ability to keep track of a project status in a somewhat unstructured review process
- You have a perspective on how brands can show up beautifully in inboxes, digital banners, motion graphics and social channels, and you want to help make OfferUp best-in-show in all of them
- You study the needs, mindsets, and behavior of your target audience, and you’re able to communicate with them accordingly
- You’re obsessed with understanding users and solving real, end-to-end user problems with simple and intuitive visual designs
- You think holistically through the customer journey from marketing and branding to retention and engagement
Helpful, but not required
- You’re familiar with Figma
- You have 2+ years experience working on advertising, ecommerce, or business productivity tools
Compensation Range: $90,000-$112,500
OfferUp offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to the business. Individual salaries within our ranges are determined through a variety of factors including, but not limited to education, experience, knowledge, skills and geography. All roles will receive equity in OfferUp as part of their compensation, the amount of equity varying depending on the individual’s level and experience.
In addition to our compensation package, this role is eligible to enroll in health insurance, healthcare savings and spending accounts, retirement savings benefits (401(k) plan with match), basic and voluntary life insurance, disability benefits, and paid time off for sick leave, family and/or medical leave, vacation, and 12 company holidays. In regard to vacation time, full-time, non-exempt employees will receive 160 hours of paid vacation per year (pro-rated if they start a date other than January 1). Each year, full-time, non-exempt employees may carry over a balance of 40 hours of vacation time to the following year. In regard to sick time, all full-time employees (exempt and non-exempt) will be granted 12 days (96 hours) of sick time per year (pro-rated if they start a date other than January 1). Your recruiter can share more details about specific benefits during the interview process.
OfferUp is the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the U.S. We are changing the way people buy and sell in their communities by providing a uniquely simple and trusted experience on our iOS and Android apps. Our goal is to be the platform of choice for local commerce by connecting buyers and sellers through an interface that makes selling an item as easy as snapping a picture from a mobile device. OfferUp was founded in 2011 and has grown to serve local markets across the U.S. with more than 1 in 5 adults using OfferUp in 2022.
More About OfferUp At a Glance
- Top 10 Shopping app in the App Store and Google Play Store for three years
- 15%+ of adults in several markets use OfferUp every month (LA, Miami, Phoenix, Seattle, Las Vegas, Riverside, Orlando)
- OfferUp works directly with nearly 2000 US law enforcement agencies to build trust in local communities
OfferUp is changing the way people buy and sell locally, and we’ve built a dynamic team to do it. To learn more about what it’s like to work at OfferUp, check out our blog: https://blog.offerup.com
OfferUp provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OfferUp complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
OfferUp expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OfferUp’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.