Sr. UX Content Writer (Temporary)
About the role:
OfferUp is looking for a Sr. UX Content Writer (temporary) to create mobile app and web copy that’s clear, concise, and helpful and evolves our content style and tone. You’ll work hand-in-hand with our designers, marketers, and product owners to create simple and engaging product experiences that delight customers and entice them to use OfferUp over and over again. Your work will touch millions of users!
What makes you a great fit for this role? You’re an experienced collaborator who writes purpose-driven copy that helps app users know where to go and what to do, encourages them to try new features, and provides clear answers when they need help. You are a master of short, impactful communication - you never use three words where one will do. The words you choose convey tone, personality, and enthusiasm. Above all, you are motivated to drive successful outcomes for users.
This role reports to the Director of Design and requires a minimum of 5+ years of experience in a UX/UI writing, copywriting, or content creation role. In addition to your resume, please provide relevant writing samples.
What we love about this role:
- Plan, write, and edit content for in-app and web UX/UI experiences, including onboarding, interaction flows, upsell and conversion experiences, and more
- Collaborate on marketing, promotions, and user help center communication emails, notifications, landing pages, sales collateral, ad copy, and more.
- Collaborate with product, design, and marketing leadership to develop a strategy to drive style, tone clarity, and consistency across our content and consumer touch points.
- Contribute to, refine, and maintain the OfferUp tone and voice style guide
- Participate in design reviews by presenting your work to stakeholders and providing feedback on writing and design
- Prior experience writing copy for mobile user onboarding flows, new feature introductions, user re-engagement experiences, and in-app purchase / upsell conversion experiences is highly desirable
You'll thrive in this role if you have:
- You have 5+ years of experience in writing for UX/UI, copywriting, and conversion-centric content marketing projects.
- You are a creative collaborator with strong communication and critical thinking skills.
- You condense complex ideas and concepts into clear, concise, and informative product copy.
- You clearly and effectively position ideas in writing and successfully refine the writing of others.
- You have experience defining/applying the unique voice of a brand in technical contexts.
- You study the needs and mindsets of your audience and communicate accordingly.
Compensation Range: $108,000 - $130,000
OfferUp offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to the business. Individual salaries within our ranges are determined through a variety of factors, including but not limited to education, experience, knowledge, skills, and geography.
Benefits (all US roles): In addition to our compensation package, this role is eligible to enroll in health insurance, healthcare savings and spending accounts, basic and voluntary life insurance, disability benefits, and paid time off for sick leave, family and/or medical leave, vacation, and 12 company holidays. Exempt employees: In regard to vacation time, OfferUp has a flexible vacation policy, and, in general, full-time and temporary exempt employees will be expected to take 3-5 weeks (15-30 days) of pre-planned vacation time per year. Vacation needs are flexible and will naturally vary from year to year based on individual circumstances and business needs.
In regard to sick time, all full-time and temporary employees (exempt and non-exempt) will be granted 12 days (96 hours) of sick time per year (pro-rated if the start date is other than January 1). Your recruiter can share more details about specific benefits during the interview process.
OfferUp is the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the U.S. We are changing the way people buy and sell in their communities by providing a uniquely simple and trusted experience on our iOS and Android apps. Our goal is to be the platform of choice for local commerce by connecting buyers and sellers through an interface that makes selling an item as easy as snapping a picture from a mobile device. OfferUp was founded in 2011 and has grown to serve local markets across the U.S. with more than 1 in 5 adults using OfferUp in 2022.
More About OfferUp At a Glance
- Top 10 Shopping app in the App Store and Google Play Store for three years
- 15%+ of adults in several markets use OfferUp every month (LA, Miami, Phoenix, Seattle, Las Vegas, Riverside, Orlando)
- OfferUp works directly with nearly 2000 US law enforcement agencies to build trust in local communities
OfferUp is changing the way people buy and sell locally, and we’ve built a dynamic team to do it. To learn more about what it’s like to work at OfferUp, check out our blog: https://blog.offerup.com
OfferUp provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OfferUp complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
OfferUp expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OfferUp’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.