Software Development Engineer in Test (@Remote, Chile and Colombia)
About the role:
The QA department drives the overall quality of all OfferUp products and services. You will work with an existing QA team, deeply embedded with our Product and Engineering teams, to help take quality to the next level.
We are looking for a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) to help define and build functional integration tests for features and services across all of our products. The goal is to raise the bar on quality and improve our test coverage to quickly find problems.
This role is only available outside the US and not available to any individual based within the US or any US territory.
Here’s more of what you will get to do:
- Define, build, and execute automated regression & integration tests for our features and services services
- Analyze quality and product-based data to inform, prioritize, and improve automated testing
- Champion a high level of quality across our large-scale software applications, systems, platforms, services, and technologies of all OfferUp Products
- Work independently on complex QA tasks requiring planning, scheduling, coding, and testing where a variety of factors may impact results in a fast-moving start-up environment
- Excellent communication skills both written and spoken (fluency in English required)
You’ll thrive in this role if you have:
- 3+ years of experience as Automation QA Engineer / SDET
- 3+ years performing functional, integration, regression and performance testing
- Expertise in building frontend (iOS/Android/Web) and middle-tier (REST and GraphQL) automation tests
- Knowledge of programming using an Object-Oriented language (Java, TypeScript)
- Preferable experience with UI mobile test frameworks (Appium, Detox)
- Experience with Open Source test tools/frameworks (Jest, Mocha, JUnit5)
- Experience in Mobile & Web testing.
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related discipline
OfferUp is the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the U.S. We are changing the way people buy and sell in their communities by providing a uniquely simple and trusted experience on our iOS and Android apps. Our goal is to be the platform of choice for local commerce by connecting buyers and sellers through an interface that makes selling an item as easy as snapping a picture from a mobile device. OfferUp was founded in 2011 and has grown to serve local markets across the U.S. with more than 1 in 5 adults using OfferUp in 2022.
More About OfferUp At a Glance
- Top 10 Shopping app in the App Store and Google Play Store for three years
- 15%+ of adults in several markets use OfferUp every month (LA, Miami, Phoenix, Seattle, Las Vegas, Riverside, Orlando)
- OfferUp works directly with nearly 2000 US law enforcement agencies to build trust in local communities
OfferUp is changing the way people buy and sell locally, and we’ve built a dynamic team to do it. To learn more about what it’s like to work at OfferUp, check out our blog: https://blog.offerup.com
OfferUp provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OfferUp complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
OfferUp expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OfferUp’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.