Senior Data Scientist - Enterprise
About the Team
Since Opendoor first started operating in 2014, we’ve learned a lot about buying, managing, and selling real estate. The Enterprise business unit with Opendoor aims to share our learnings by offering our technology and processes to institutional single-family-home investment partners. The Enterprise team is building a modern platform for transactions, offering a wide range of services such as brokerage and title.
As the first Senior Data Scientist at Opendoor Enterprise Analytics team, you will work on projects that help the future of our Operations, Product, Engineering Design teams – to drive our business forward with recommendations you uncover through data. You will own analytics and models for one of Opendoor Enterprise’s fulfillment products and partner with stakeholders to help shape its direction. The Senior Data Scientist will contribute individual analytics and modeling work, as well as coaching and up leveling the technical bar of the team.
- Build and evolve statistical and machine learning models (e.g. conversion, forecasting, staffing, text mining) that drive business impact
- Partner with stakeholders across leadership to improve business outcomes by monitoring business health, planning and executing AB and Quasi experiments, and making data-driven recommendations to help Opendoor Enterprise product and platform scale.
- Provoke trade-offs and prioritize work across a portfolio of potential projects based on impact and scope vs. effort and risk
- Produce convincing structural, causal and data-driven analyses to falsify ideas or move them forward
- Collaborate with Engineering and Product teams to build long-term learning agendas
- Clearly and concisely articulate the business impact of your work
- Work pragmatically at a high cadence to ship modeling and analytical opportunities, such that we generate high learning throughput
- Expertise in statistical inference, study design and machine learning modeling
- Proficiency in working with complex and fast-evolving data sets
- 5+ years of industry experience post academia, with advanced degree in a quantitative field
- Proficiency in numeric programming (Python and/or R) as well as SQL or any other database languages
- Desire to identify, perform, and automate repetitive work to scale the team
- System thinking and creativity to solve complex problems by going deep and understand its core drivers
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to influence non-technical audiences with analytical insights and data visualizations
Bonus Points if:
- Proficiency in a relevant modeling or statistics specialization, such as macroeconomic modeling, optimization or causal inference, data engineering
- Mentoring: Experience guiding and mentoring other members of the data analytic team
- Ability to quickly (1-2 weeks) build proofs of concept and identify the highest-leverage areas to iterate efficiently
Remote roles in the US are available in all states EXCEPT Hawaii, Alaska, Montana, or any US Territories.
The base salary range for this position in Colorado, Connecticut, Washington, and New Jersey is $$164,000 - $253,000 yr., and in California and New York City is $164,000 - $253,000 yr. Base salary may vary depending on relevant experience, skills, geographic location, and business needs. We offer a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off, 12 paid holidays per year, medical/
More About Us
We Offer the Following Benefits and Perks
Opendoor Values Openness
Something looks off?