Staff Software Engineer - Consumer Platform
About The Team
We’re looking for a Staff Software Engineer to join our Consumer Platform team. Our mission is to enable Consumer Product teams to innovate and experiment rapidly. We do so by providing product platforms and components to enable these teams to maximize time-spent directly solving customer problems. In the near term, we’d like your help on our Customer Data Experience Platform – to provide an aggregated view of customer data, behaviors, and intent across all customer interactions within Opendoor. In the mid to long term, we’d like your help to identify common opportunities shared by multiple teams to make bold and foundational investments, and to advocate for consistency and efficiency in shipping consumer products.
- Define and build our long-term data models and system architecture components that properly represent the complexities of our customer journey
- Collaborate with various engineering teams and product managers to understand their needs and enable them to plug in their consumer-facing features into our platform
- Level up the organization by mentoring backend and frontend engineers in system design, technical decisions and technical project management
- Contribute to all phases of software development cycle - ideation, build and release - with a bias towards action but consideration for long-term maintainability and scalability
- Partner with your engineering manager and product manager to define our roadmap and advocate for platform adoption and technical excellence across the organization
- Strong engineering fundamentals: Proficiency in Golang is required
- A track record of approximately 8+ years of solving platform-level problems for multiple teams across the stack by building and delivering production quality software systems
- Excellent communication skills: Clear written and oral communication is important to our ability to operate as a remote team and in building our relationship with our cross-functional partners
- Strong sense of ownership and customer empathy: Our mission is to create a seamless customer experience; understanding the intricacies of the customer journey and being proactive about doing right by our customers is critical to our success.
- Proven expertise in their technology of choice. Experience with building and maintaining event-driven distributed systems using industry standard tools like Kafka and PostgreSQL is a plus.
Remote roles in Canada are only available in British Columbia and Ontario.
More About Us
Opendoor Values Openness
Something looks off?