Senior Manager, Accounting
About the Team
The Senior Manager of Accounting will lead and grow the Finance Center of Excellence that we are establishing in our Chennai office as well as oversee the financial reporting and accounting operations of our India entity. We currently have 7 employees and 4 open requisitions in Chennai across Accounting, Treasury and Accounts Payable. We are looking for a leader who can help guide, supervise and foster the culture of this team as well as recruit and train new team members. This leader will report to Opendoor’s Corporate Controller and will work closely with our Senior Director of Operations in Chennai as well as our US-based Treasurer and Director of Shared Services and our Technical Accounting team. In addition to Accounting, Accounts Payable and Treasury, the Chennai Finance team includes a Procurement team with 8 employees. While the Senior Manager of Accounting will not manage the Procurement team, they will be the Chennai Finance leader, responsible for fostering the Finance team culture and for representing Finance in any leadership decisions and communications. The successful candidate will have experience across a range of finance and accounting functions, be motivated by process improvement, hold a high bar for attention to detail, and possess a desire to lead a local team while working collaboratively with various US-based leaders. If you have these skills and are energized by being a founding leader in the establishment of this pivotal team, we would love to hear from you!
- Oversee the accounting operations for our India-based subsidiary, including payroll, accounts payable, financial reporting and statutory filings
- Directly or indirectly manage all members of the Accounting, Treasury and Accounts Payable team in Chennai, India with support from US-based managers. Provide coaching and mentoring, and manage quality, productivity and performance.
- Recruit, train and develop new team members
- Partner with US-based leaders to establish procedures, ensure quality control, resolve exceptions and communicate productivity metrics.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or similar subject matter
- Minimum of +10 years of professional experience either in Audit at a global accounting firm or in Accounting at a public company
- Experience with Financial Reporting and India compliance requirements
- Familiarity with various operational accounting functions, enabling them to provide guidance and feedback to the team
- Experience recruiting, training, guiding and managing an Accounting or Audit team. Experience managing quality and productivity.
- Ability to thrive in a changing environment where continual process improvement is expected
- Clear and effective oral and written communication skills
- High bar for attention to detail and process design, documentation and improvement
- Demonstrated ability for picking up new technologies quickly and comfortably
- Strong Excel skills
- Experience auditing or accounting for companies registered with the SEC and subject to SOX 404 audits.
- NetSuite or Coupa experience
In office roles require all role responsibilities to be performed in the office. Candidates must be based within a 25-kilometer commuting distance of the specified office location.
More About Us
Something looks off?