Head of Relationship Management & Partnerships
About the Team
Since Opendoor first started operating in 2014, we’ve learned a lot about buying, managing, and selling real estate. The Enterprise business unit within Opendoor, called Open Exchange, aims to share our learnings by offering our technology and processes to institutional single-family-home investment partners.
The Open Exchange team is building the vertically integrated platform for residential real estate transactions, offering a wide range of services across acquisitions, brokerage, title & escrow, and data. The Business Development & Partnerships team within Opendoor Enterprise is experiencing explosive growth and ready to hire a senior leader to manage the team.
This is a unique role that straddles both a transaction + fulfillment suite of products and enterprise + SAAS across a differentiated universe of end-customers. We’re looking for a highly experienced business development leader ready to manage and grow our multi-product sales and account management teams, further refine and develop the enterprise sales strategy, help win and expand key partner accounts, and build key structure, processes, and systems to drive team performance and growth. You’ll work closely with Open Exchange senior leadership, and a talented, diverse, and cross-functional team to solve hard problems in the real estate industry and build an enduring business and this role reports into one of the 2 Co-[Presidents / CEO’s] of Open Exchange.
- Partner with Open Exchange executive team and product leadership to further refine and develop our high-level business development strategy, opportunities for growth, and ways to accelerate our Enterprise mission and roadmap
- Manage, train, and grow the Opendoor Enterprise sales team across the entire multi-product suite (ex. property acquisitions, brokerage, title & escrow, and data services)
- Define organizational and team structures, KPI’s, and key processes from sales to sales operations to account management
- Set product- and business-level sales goals for new and existing partnership accounts and create metrics systems to drive performance and accountability with the team
- Identifying & implementing high-growth sales tooling (ex. CRM’s, process & funnel management). Relevant experience highly valued
- Drive the overall sales pipeline and communicate progress and performance to the Enterprise executive team and broader organization
- Be able to assist the sales team in winning key customer accounts and own the partnerships sales process end-to-end, including strategy development, sourcing, pitching (materials & delivery of), closing, implementation, and growth
- Partner with product, design, and marketing to channel customer feedback into new product development
- Seam management with growth, operations, and EPD around launch, implementation, and share of wallet + product expansion
- Conduct competitive analysis and market intelligence gathering to help drive new product development and existing product positioning. Bonus of experience partnering with Corporate Development or leadership on strategic M&A
- Management of managers and key IC leaders both on business development and account management. Coverage of a national, multi-product team
- Ability to travel both to key account meetings and industry conferences as-needed (likely 1-2x+ / month)
- 10-12+ years of BD and / or sales leadership experience; proven work experience as a senior director or VP of BD / CD, or equivalent role
- 5+ years at fast-growth scaling technology company
- In-depth knowledge of sales & BD strategy and team management; experience managing a successful sales or business development team
- Strong working knowledge of enterprise products, competitive products, and the market
- Expertise structuring bespoke partnership arrangements, negotiating and navigating commercial agreements in partnership with legal
- Ability to partner with finance and strategy teams to develop proposals for new product pricing and discipline to execute
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills and commercial and business judgment, with demonstrated intellectual curiosity and rigor
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to clearly communicate compelling messages to possible partners and senior leaders
- A collaborative approach to leadership, including proven success in attracting and developing talent
- The ability to structure and manage complex cross-functional projects and processes with multiple stakeholders at all levels across the organization
- Passion-and ideally experience in- real estate, along with a desire to accelerate the mission of the Opendoor Enterprise team
- Strong relationship development and networking skills
- An interest in Real Estate and Real Estate technology and data
- Scrappiness, and a relentless motor
Remote roles in the US are available in all states EXCEPT Hawaii, Alaska, Montana, or any US Territories.
The base salary range for this position in Colorado, Connecticut, Washington, and New Jersey is $224,000 - $341,000yr, and in California and New York City is $224,000 - $341,000 yr. Base salary may vary depending on relevant experience, skills, geographic location, and business needs. We offer a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off, 12 paid holidays per year, medical/dental/vision insurance, basic life insurance, and 401(k) to eligible employees.
#LI-Remote #LI- PP1
More About Us
We Offer the Following Benefits and Perks
Opendoor Values Openness
Something looks off?