Head of Analytics Engineering
About the Team
Analytics Platform is on a mission to democratize learning by building systems that enable company-wide analytics and experimentation. By implementing sufficient instrumentation, designing intuitive data models, and building batch/streaming pipelines, we will allow for deep and scalable investigation and optimization of the business. By developing self-serve tools, we will empower executives, PMs, Ops to understand company performance at a glance and uncover insights to support decision making. Finally, by building capabilities such as forecasting, alerting, and experimentation, we will enable more, better, and faster decisions.
- Manage a team of 10 senior+ analytics engineers to drive direct business impact with executive-level visibility. You will have the autonomy to help shape the vision, influence roadmap and establish best practices for the team.
- Collaborate with other engineering teams and business customers to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements for the team.
- Partner with data analysts and data scientists to design our data models as inputs to metrics and machine learning models
- Design, develop and monitor scalable and cost-efficient data pipelines and models. Build out new integrations with third-party modern data tech stack!
- Assess build vs buy tradeoffs for components in our company-wide analytics platform, which will inform decision-making for executives, PMs and Ops, etc.
- Build and maintain relationships with external vendors and partners to leverage their expertise in data management and analytics.
- 4+ years of management experience running a team of senior engineers
- 8+ years of experience working with event instrumentation, data pipelines, and data warehouses, preferably acting as a data architect in a previous role
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills and ability to think strategically
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical field
- Strong SQL skills, proficiency with systems design and data modeling, fluency with workflow management tools like Airflow or dbt, experience with modern data warehouses like Snowflake or BigQuery
- Expertise breaking down complex problems, documenting solutions, and sequencing work to make iterative improvements
- Familiarity with data visualization tools such as Mode, Tableau, and Looker, familiarity with programming skills, preferably in Python, familiarity with software design principles, including test-driven development
- Strong commitment to date integrity and security
Remote roles in India are available in all territories.
More About Us
Something looks off?