Staff Machine Learning Engineer
About the Team
The Machine Learning Foundation team owns the frameworks and systems necessary to empower rapid and sustained iteration on Opendoor’s industry-leading models for pricing, risk, and macro forecasting in real estate. The ability to rapidly experiment and deploy models is central to Opendoor’s ability to thrive in a dynamic marketplace. This team will work with MLEs and Researchers to design and support next generation ML infrastructure.
- Designing, implementing, and supporting a framework for the full ML lifecycle specialized to Opendoor’s unique requirements
- Maintaining and operating critical, large-scale ML pipelines such as Opendoor’s Valuation Model
- Productionizing and modernizing features, pipelines, and their store
- Integrating solutions with industry-standard ML PaaS such as MLFlow, Databricks, Anomalo, and Snowflake
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical field
- 8+ years of experience working with large-scale data / ML pipelines and their supporting infrastructure
- Proficiency with systems design and data modeling
- Fluency with workflow management tools, like Airflow or dbt
- Experience with modern data warehouses, like Snowflake, Databricks, or BigQuery
- Familiarity with distributed batch compute technologies such as Spark.
- Expertise breaking down complex problems, documenting solutions, and sequencing work to make iterative improvements
- Significant experience with Python
- Familiarity with software design principles, big data architecture, and test-driven development
Remote roles in India are available in all territories.