People Policy Program Manager
- Partnering with the leadership team to facilitate, communicate and implement HR programs and policies that support business goals and drive results while ensuring global compliance.
- Supports annual compliance reporting, such as the Affirmative Action Plan, EEO-1 Reporting, CA Pay Reporting (auditing, generating, analyzing, validating reports and resolving employee data issues).
- Oversees the annual review of HR policies and processes to ensure they are accurate and up-to- date, as well as comply with all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
- Work with international location leaders to ensure compliance with local employment law regulations. Finds opportunities to create consistency across locations when legally permissible.
- Cultivate and foster a culture of risk management, engaging with business partners throughout the organization to ensure compliance and proper execution against policies and practices.
- Interpreting HR policies, procedures, laws standards and regulations; advises leadership teams on appropriate actions and recommends next steps in partnership with Legal and People Business Partners.
- Develop, implement, and maintain HR compliance tracking processes, documents, and audits for all programs to ensure adherence to all relevant regulations in a timely and accurate manner.
- Coordinates and spearheads all internal and external audits related to Employment and SOX compliance.
- Identify and investigate compliance issues and risks and suggest ways to prevent or resolve them. Manage the day-to-day responsibilities supporting HR compliance initiatives.
- Implement new compliance requirements and update existing programs, policies, procedures including employee handbook and job descriptions. Recommend best practices regarding internal procedure to drive greater compliance.
- Assist with future enhancements to Core HR system modules and make recommendations for compliance related changes.
- Conducts scheduled and ad hoc employee data audits and works in conjunction with HRIS to correct issues
- Offer compliance training and formal periodic updates to HR, Benefit and Payroll teams.
- Supporting the broader Total Rewards and Operations team with Benefits and Compensation initiatives as assigned.
- 2-5 years of HR policy design experience
- Significant HR knowledge of multi-state compliance requirements; global compliance experience a plus
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Experience managing multi-state HR and Payroll practices
- A desire to be organized! You love to keep data and processes clean and updated
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment
- The ability to be flexible and can easily move between projects
- Excellent communication skills working with all departments and levels of an organization
- Enjoy working in a peer/coach model
- PHR Certification
Remote: remote roles in the US are available in all states EXCEPT Hawaii, Alaska, Montana, or any US Territories.
The base salary range for this position in Colorado, Connecticut, Washington, and New Jersey is $96,000 - $132,000/yr, and in California and New York City is $108,000 - $148,500/yr. Base salary may vary depending on relevant experience, skills, geographic location, and business needs. We offer a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off, 12 paid holidays per year, medical/dental/vision insurance, basic life insurance, and 401(k) to eligible employees.