About the Team
In this highly collaborative role, the HRIS Manager leads the oversight and administration of the Human Resources Information System (HRIS) platforms and HRIS team. The HRIS Manager will leverage their experience in the Workday ecosystem to lead the development of new functionality and improve existing processes, manage release updates, ensure system and data integrity, develop complex reports and dashboards, maintain and enhance security, support and maintain system integrations, and help optimize how we use Workday. The HRIS Manager will partner with teams across the organization to deliver best-in-class solutions through hands-on technical expertise, initiative, creativity, and a true passion for HRIS and optimization.
- Own the ongoing design, optimization, and maintenance of Workday.
- Facilitate change management, including system training, to ensure the organization is effectively utilizing the system
- Continually identify opportunities for process enhancements and technology optimization to ensure simple yet powerful user experience and performance of HR technology systems.
- Stay abreast of new improvements to technology by partnering with vendors to understand roadmaps and release upgrades.
- Partner closely with stakeholders to gather and define the needs of business customers (requirements), evaluating options, design and implement solutions, change management and user adoption.
- Partner with internal and external stakeholders to create, edit and prepare reports, analytics and dashboards.
- Serve as a strong consultative partner to business and functional leaders to continuously improve service delivery
- Drive the deployment of feature releases and system maintenance
- Evaluate system utilization, identify system modifications and enhancements. Ensure up-to-date documentation of system functions and processes
- Lead and guide the HRIS team to support the business to ensure day-to-day systems support is efficiently managed with a focus on providing simplified solutions and tools for users
- Leads HRIS team by providing guidance, coaching, and mentorship. Foster a collaborative and productive work environment, promoting professional growth and skill development within the team
- Contribute to governance process, roadmapping exercises, and cross-functional resource planning. Support accountability for data governance, security, and compliance
- Improve adoption and understanding of HRIS systems within the People Operations team, promoting process improvements and identifying new opportunities
- Research and minimize problems and pain points. Provides production support, including researching and resolving HRIS problems, unexpected results, or process flaws; performing scheduled activities; recommending solutions or alternate methods to meet requirements
- Minimum of 8 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 6 years and a Master’s degree; or a PhD with 3 years experience; or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 8 years hands-on experience supporting, administering or configuring Workday across multiple modules
- Excellent interpersonal, collaboration, analytical and complex problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Must be a skilled communicator, with well-developed listening, verbal, written and presentation ability.
- Strong prioritizing, project management, planning and organization skills with the ability to serve multiple customers effectively.
- Experience with advanced reporting, analytics and BI tools (Tableau, Power BI, Looker) a plus.
- Have a “Roll up your sleeves” attitude and adaptability skills in a fast-paced, virtual environment.
- Knowledge of integrating Workday with peripheral applications (Benefits Cloud Connect, Core Connector, custom EIB, or Workday Studio)
Remote roles in the US are available in all states EXCEPT Hawaii, Alaska, Montana, or any US Territories.
The base salary range for this position in Colorado, Connecticut, Washington, and New Jersey is $132,000 - $181,500/yr, and in California and New York City is $148,000 - $203,500/yr. Base salary may vary depending on relevant experience, skills, geographic location, and business needs. We offer a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off, 12 paid holidays per year, medical/dental/vision insurance, basic life insurance, and 401(k) to eligible employees.