Tax Manager (India Taxation, location: HYD OR CHN)
About the Role:
This position will report to the Senior Tax Manager and will play an integral part in building Opendoor’s Tax function. As Opendoor continues to expand its business and footprint, proper planning plus management and compliance with various tax laws continues to grow in importance. This position offers an exciting opportunity to contribute to the growth and success of our organization.
The ideal candidate should be a team leader who can drive programs across various internal cross functional teams and external partners. You will display a balance of hard and soft skills, including the ability to respond and adapt quickly to changing business needs. The role will require the ideal candidate to wear several different hats, and as such, is best suited for a person comfortable working in fast-paced and dynamic environments where strong communication skills are critical to success. This is an amazing opportunity to join a lean team and make an immediate impact, and we are excited to hear from you!
In this role, you will:
- This role will support all areas of tax but will have an emphasis on India tax law, transfer pricing, India tax compliance, and India permanent establishment issues
- Stay up-to-date with changes in tax laws and regulations, providing insights and recommendations to adapt the company's tax strategies accordingly to reduce risk or provide operational savings
- Work closely with cross-functional departments to understand business transactions and provide tax support for various projects and initiatives
- Coordinate and assist in tax inquiries from competent authority
- Review and/or prepare reconciliations of related tax general ledger accounts
- Prepare required work papers and technical memos as needed
- Drive continuous process improvements, focusing on automation, efficiency, and analytics
- May be involved with tax implications of mergers and acquisitions, and/or other structuring projects
- Ad hoc projects as necessary
We’re looking for a teammate who has:
- 6+ years of relevant tax experience with a deep understanding of India tax law
- B.S. degree; CA or JD (JD equivalent) required. MST or Tax LLM, a plus
- Strong technical expertise in and understanding of international tax legislation
- Experience working directly with governmental agencies to resolve tax issues
- Self-starter, self-motivated, able to work independently, prioritize effectively, and perform multiple tasks under minimal supervision
- Ability to work in a team environment and willingness to "roll up your sleeves"
- High level of ethics and integrity
This position can be located in Hyderabad or Chennai. We are open to consider candidates for relocation
More About Us
To learn how we are reinventing the Real Estate industry check out our website, to hear about our culture directly from team members visit The Muse and to discover what we are building for our customers read our blog posts.