This position can be located in Hyderabad or Chennai.
We are open to consider candidates for relocation.
About the Role:
We’re seeking an exceptional Accountant to join our Accounting & Finance team! The Accountant will support the development and growth of the Finance Center of Excellence that we are establishing in our Chennai office as well as support the financial reporting and accounting operations of our US entities.
As an Opendoor Accountant you will:
- Assist with the accounting operations of our US-based subsidiaries, including financial reporting and statutory filings.
- Prepare month-end journal entries in NetSuite in accordance with GAAP for the following areas:
- Acquisitions of homes
- Prepaid property expenses
- Accrual of expenses associated with Opendoor’s inventory
- Inter company transactions
- Assist with validating cut-off of homes purchased in a specific month by partnering with operations to obtain documents confirming ownership transfer dates.
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations and make sure that any outstanding items are investigated and subsequently cleared.
- Prepare monthly fluctuation explanations and present them in our close meeting.
- Investigate and resolve discrepancies by coordinating with Title Agencies.
We’re looking for teammates who have:
- Professional qualification in Accounting, Finance or similar subject matter with an understanding of U.S. GAAP
- Minimum of 3+ years of Accounting experience
- Flexible mindset with the ability to thrive in a changing environment where continual process improvement is expected
- Effective remote worker with the ability to meet deadlines and independently manage time.
- Clear and effective oral and written communication skills
- High bar for attention to detail, organization, process design, documentation, and improvement.
- Team player with the ability to work in a collaborative environment, including with teammates in other locations and external Title Companies.
- Demonstrated ability for picking up new technologies quickly and comfortably
- Strong Excel skills
Bonus Points for:
- NetSuite or SQL experience
- Certification or candidate on a path to become a CA, CMA / MBA
- Experience working in a SOX control environment
- Real Estate or Property accounting experience