This position can be located in Hyderabad or Chennai.
We are open to consider candidates for relocation.
About the Team
We are looking for a Benefits Associate to join our Total Rewards Team. As a member of the team, you will be primarily responsible to oversee and administer end to end leave requests and accommodations requiring specialized attention, particularly under the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), state and local leave laws, company provided leaves and short-term or long-term disability plans. You will coordinate with our third party administrators and internal departments such as payroll, people business partners, employees and their managers to ensure compliance and seamless administration of leaves. Additionally, you will support the benefits team with ad hoc project support in the areas of healthcare plans, retirement plans, time off and other benefit programs.
- Act as the primary point of contact for all leave related questions from employees, managers, people business partners, third party administrators and other internal stakeholders
- Communicate with employees regarding their needs for leave and/or modified work schedules. Ensures that employees are aware of their responsibilities and of any documentation and notice required to qualify for and to take leave
- Maintains reasonable and timely communication with employees, managers and third party administrators to facilitate smooth and timely return to work; relays communication between employees and their managers during leave within reason
- Advises managers and employees on the interaction of leave laws with paid time off, workers compensation, and short-term and long-term disability benefits
- Oversees the return-to-work process for employees returning from extended FMLA, workers compensation, or other leave(s)
- Facilitates other leave requests, which may include accommodation requests under the ADA
- Administers other company time-off programs as assigned in accordance with internal policy and applicable laws
- Maintains complete and accurate records of leave and accommodation requests in accordance with specified legal requirements and documentation of best practices,
including managing our HR system
- Ensure timely and accurate reports to payroll in regards to salary continuation
- 2-5 years of experience working in benefits, specifically leave administration
- Extensive knowledge of the leave requirements and other legal protections afforded by the FMLA, ADA, and other applicable laws
- Experience and strong skills with closely managing and working with external vendors
- Strong communication skills, ability to simplify and clearly communicate policies and processes to employees and supervisors
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Acts with a high degree of urgency and time management
- Advanced excel/google sheet skills