Workday Configuration Analyst
This position is based in Chennai.
We are open to consider candidates for relocation.
About the Team
The Workday Configuration Analyst provides HR system administration, including business process configuration, reporting development, end user training, and data management in support of maintaining Workday as a best-in-class employee experience forward platform. This role will partner with the other People team members, IT, Payroll, Benefits, business partners, vendors and business leaders to effectively meet the HR technology needs of the organization. The Workday Analyst will also support employees, managers and HR regarding Workday with a focus on troubleshooting issues and providing centralized administrator support. The focus modules are Performance, Advanced Compensation and overall HCM configuration.
- Configure complex Workday business processes. Support configuration and troubleshooting of business processes in, HCM, Security, Advanced compensation, Talent Management, and Benefits
- Lead the development, testing configuration, and implementation of new projects, enhancements, and interfaces
- Be responsible for translating business needs to system design, conduct system/data analysis, and participating in testing and deployment activities
- Promote changes into production, following strict audit procedures, assist with tenant management, analyze Workday updates
- Lead creation of audit plans, schedules and testing of system upgrades and new configurations
- Research, diagnose and resolve issues (e.g. - end-user, business process, security, etc.)
- Work with functional team members to understand requirements and communicate system capabilities/limitations
- Partner with key stakeholders to create business requirements documents, system configuration documents, detailed functional specification documents, test plans and test cases
- Maintain accurate change management documentation to satisfy the company’s internal/external audit controls and compliance practices
- Support major Workday releases, to include researching new functionality and educate the HR team on enhancements as applicable
- Identify impact and enhancement opportunities associated with a new release and direct regression testing and introduction of required changes as new releases are introduced
- Foster ongoing Workday relationships – relevant memberships and engagement in Workday Community, User Groups and Conferences
- Act as a support to the organization to enhance their understanding of Workday including mentorship to the People Operations team
- BS or BA degree in computer science, business administration, or related technical field or equivalent experience is preferred
- 8+ yrs related experience
- 3+ years Workday HCM experience; global experience preferred
- Solid understanding in HCM and Benefits. Talent Management and Advanced Compensation Required
- Maintain working functional knowledge of HR and HR systems across multiple functions and teams, driving community collaboration and a commitment to a great support service experience
- Excellent communication skills with experience working with HR, IT, and end users through face-to-face and virtual connections