About the Team
The SOX Analyst will play an integral role in enhancing the effectiveness, efficiency, and scalability of the Company's business processes and controls, whether through the SOX compliance efforts or by conducting special projects. This team member will have an understanding of financial reporting and SOX requirements and methodologies (risk assessment, process flow mapping, control documentation, testing strategies, evaluation of test exceptions, etc.) The role requires an understanding of key business processes and ability to identify financial and operational risks. The successful candidate will be someone looking to grow in their career while staying abreast of Company operations and the risk profile of assigned business areas to ensure relevancy of the SOX approach and apply industry best practices.
- Lead and execute the Company’s SOX 404 procedures focused on business processes and controls
- Conduct financial reporting risk assessments, perform process and control walkthroughs, facilitate process and control documentation updates, identify and evaluate risks applicable to processes and controls, and their inter-dependencies
- Manage the control evidence collection process; confirm documents requested and received are relevant and valid for the related control test(s), coordinate sharing of SOX documentation with the external audit team.
- Develop and execute test procedures to assess controls for design and operating effectiveness
- Evaluate control exceptions, obtain business owner acceptance and engagement for remediation actions or improvement recommendations
- Coordinate SOX status reporting process within and outside the SOX team
- Assist with maintenance of the SOX software including required control documentation and test results, coordinate file sharing with internal and external partners, and monitor action items
- Serve as a key contact for business process owners, explaining the SOX assessment methodology and scope, and effectively delivering SOX test results to all levels of management
- Stay abreast of and assess new accounting standards and guidance, and their impact on accounting processes and controls
- Support other operational/special audit projects and compliance activities championing risks and controls considerations in enterprise-wide processes
- Foster strong relationships with the internal SOX team, business process owners, and external auditors
- 2-3 years of SOX/internal audit work experience, including integrated-audit experience at a public accounting firm
- BA/BS degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- Relevant Certifications is a plus (CPA, CA, CIA, and/or CISA)
- Knowledge of US GAAP, COSO, PCAOB risk, control and audit requirements, and business process best practices
- Understanding of IIA Professional Practices and Standards
- Detail-oriented and accustomed to project work with tight deadlines and working in a fast-paced environment
- Strong time management and communication skills
- Team player with the ability to collaborate and coordinate well with internal and external teams.
Remote roles in the US are available in all states EXCEPT Hawaii, Alaska, Montana, or any US Territories.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several U.S. geographic markets, and we pay differently based on those defined markets. The pay range for most locations in the US is $84,800 - $142,800 annually. Pay within the range varies by work location and may also depend on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for the job location during the hiring process. We also offer a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off, 12 paid holidays per year, medical/dental/vision insurance, basic life insurance, and 401(k) to eligible employees.