Senior Manager, HR Operations
About the Team
As a Senior Manager HR Operations, you will play a key role in Opendoor’s growth and long-term success by overseeing the first-level support to Opendoor employees and leaders across a variety of HR-related inquiries and support. In this critical role, you are responsible for overseeing and maintaining efficient HR processes, improving service delivery, and enhancing the overall employee experience. You will manage the team of HR Operation Specialists ensuring the delivery of high-quality HR support services to all employees. This role requires strong partnership and communication with cross functional teams enterprise wide, including IT and Finance. In this role you will help support our International Mobility and Immigration programs. The Senior Manager HR Operations role requires an experienced HR leader with exceptional HR operations, analytical, customer service and communication skills.
- Provide strategic HR leadership to HR Operations. Effectively manage, develop and engage the global team.
- Ensure an exceptional employee experience by simplifying key processes.
- Lead and implement HR initiatives and projects which are aligned within HR and Centers of Expertise (COE).
- Coordinate and lead key projects for improvement across HR.
- Identify best practices that can be applied to improve work tasks and processes.
- Deliver service improvement activity across HR through employing process improvement methodologies and the application of innovative thinking.
- Promote and lead change.
- Supports the administration and maintenance of HR systems while driving process and data integrity across the HR landscape
- Participate in and/or lead projects aimed at expanding centralization, leverage technology to improve the employee experience, and discover actionable insights and recommend solutions .
- Responsible for driving process consistency, data integrity and compliance to HR policies, procedures, data privacy, audit controls and regulatory requirements in all HR Service Center activities.
- Serves as the escalation point for HR Operations guiding the root cause analysis, resolution and communication protocol.
- Manage the case management system (Ops ticketing system) and team to establish service level agreements.
- Partner with the HRIS team supporting HR technology upgrades.
- Develop and maintain team standard operating procedures.
- Oversees relevant employee data management to ensure that data is secure and maintained consistent with company policies and privacy regulations and that required reporting and filings are delivered.
- Track HR metrics to identify areas for improvement. Develop and implement counter-measures to correct identified misses to goals.
International Mobility, Immigration & Visas
- Partner with Immigration vendor to manage and support U.S. immigration cases; renewals and immigrant petitions (permanent residence sponsorship)
- Assist in the development and evolution of relocation and immigration policies
- Provide counsel to the PBPs in the Mobility process with employees.
- Liaise with PBPs and Finance in regard to mobility-related expenses to determine costs and appropriately budget for individual relocations
- Manage the international relocations and assignments to continually improve the new hire/assignee/transferee experience
- Minimum of 8 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 6 years and a Master’s degree.
- 5+ years of experience leading People/HR Operations Teams.
- 2+ years’ experience managing an HR Compliance function, including SOX requirements.
- Strong knowledge and experience with Workday Core HCM is required.
- Strong knowledge and application of federal and state employment law
- Strong organizational and planning skills with exceptional attention to detail.
- Independently manage project plans, strategies, and execution of people experience programs
- Proficient at handling multiple priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment.
- Top notch facilitation skills, with the ability to influence, persuade and motivate.
- Critical thinking and decision-making skills.
- Shared Service management a plus
- The ability to partner and interface with the leadership team on multiple focal points.
- Demonstrate the ability to build cohesive, engaged, and happy teams.
- Advanced Excel and HRIS skills preferred.
- Experience of US visa and immigration processes and requirements preferred.
Hybrid - Hybrid roles require role responsibilities to be performed in the office for a portion of the week, with an option to work remotely. Candidates must be based within a 50-mile commuting distance of the specified office location. Strong preference for candidates located near one of our hubs in Atlanta, Phoenix, or Dallas/Ft. Worth.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several U.S. geographic markets, and we pay differently based on those defined markets. The pay range for most locations in the US is $120,800 - $204,000 annually. In the SF Bay Area of California, Seattle, and New York City Metro area the base salary range is $151,200 - $226,800. Pay within the range varies by work location and may also depend on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for the job location during the hiring process. We also offer a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off, 12 paid holidays per year, medical/dental/vision insurance, basic life insurance, and 401(k) to eligible employees.