Senior Devops Engineer
Dive right in. Swim with our pod. At Orca, in the right environment and with the right team, talent has no boundaries. This team spirit, together with our drive to always aim high, has quickly earned us unicorn status and turned us into a global cloud security innovation leader. So if you’re ready to join an amazing team of people who inspire each other every day, now is the time to find your place in our pod.
We’re looking for driven and talented people like you to join our R&D team and our mission to change the future of cloud security. Ready to dive in and swim with our pod?
High-growth: In just 4 years, we’ve reached milestones that take other companies a decade or more. We’ve doubled our employee count, tripled our customer count, and rapidly expanded our product capabilities.Disruptive innovation: Our founders saw that traditional security didn’t work for the cloud—so they set out to carve a new path. We’re relentless pioneers who invented agentless technology and continue to be the most comprehensive and innovative cloud security company. Well-capitalized: With a valuation of $1.8 billion, Orca is a cybersecurity unicorn dominating the cloud security space. We’re backed by an impressive team of investors such as Capital G, ICONIQ, GGV, and SVCI, a syndicate of CISOs who invest their own money after conducting their due diligence. Respectful and transparent culture: Our executives pride themselves on being accessible to everyone and believe in sharing knowledge with the employees. Each employee has a place in shaping the future of our industry.
ABOUT THE ROLE
In your role as a Sr. DevOps engineer, you will plan, develop, monitor, and optimize the architecture of our company’s systems. You should excel in working with large-scale applications and frameworks and have outstanding communication and leadership skills and:
- Design and implement solutions to improve new and existing infrastructure
- Build monitoring systems, monitor the system’s health, implementing self-healing systems
- Build and support R&D development environments
- Design and implement robust CI/CD pipelines
- Assess existing implementation procedures to ensure they comply with internal and external regulations.
- Offer support by responding to system problems in a timely manner.
- Build, support, and operate FedRAMP compliant infrastructure.
- A minimum of 3+ years experience in a similar role and experience working with public clouds
- Experience with I/S as code, deployments done using descriptive languages such as terraform.
- Experience with building and operating FedRamp authorized systems.
- Self-driven and eager to learn
- Excellent organizational, analytical abilities and problem solving.
- Deployment tools - Ansible/Terraform
- Monitoring tools - Prometheus/Graphite
- Experience with designing and implementing sophisticated CI/CD pipelines
- Programming experience with Python/bash
- Knowledge in various system-level topics - OS, networking, file system management.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent
- US Citizen