Senior Software Engineer, Search Recommendation
We're excited to welcome a talented and passionate Senior Search Engineer to join our highly skilled team. The ideal candidate will hold a deep comprehension of search engine algorithms and infrastructure including mature full-text based search engines, various ranking algorithms and leading-edge vector search engines. In your crucial role, you'll be responsible for managing every aspect of our sophisticated enterprise search system, spearheading the design, development, and optimization of search system accuracy and performance.
- Design, develop, and oversee our enterprise search infrastructure, employing a mix of full-text search engine, vector search engine, and metadata filtering techniques.
- Understand the user's information needs to develop intuitive algorithms to parse and analyze search queries effectively.
- Implement various reranking algorithms to deliver the most relevant results with the best user experience.
- Refine search algorithm accuracy and performance by focusing on crucial metrics like precision/recall, MRR, etc.
- Constantly track and analyze system performance, leading improvement initiatives as required.
- Stay informed about the latest industry developments and emerging technologies, aligning our search system with, or advancing it beyond, the industry benchmarks.
We're looking for someone who
- Holds an Masters degree in Computer Science, or a relevant field, PhD a plus.
- 5+ years of experience in search, recommendation or question answering systems.
- In-depth knowledge of relevance measurement, tuning, and modeling.
- Expertise in Python and/or C++ is essential.
- Familiarity with embedding-based search systems will be considered a major advantage.
- Exceptional problem-solving capabilities coupled with meticulous attention to detail.
- Outstanding communication skills to explain complex concepts convincingly to non-technical team members.
- Abilities to contribute individually while functioning effectively as part of a team.
We are in the business of shaping the future of work. Our mission is to make conversations more valuable.
With over 1B meetings transcribed, Otter.ai is the world’s leading tool for meeting transcription, summarization, and collaboration. Using artificial intelligence, Otter generates real-time automated meeting notes, summaries, and other insights from in-person and virtual meetings - turning meetings into accessible, collaborative, and actionable data that can be shared across teams and organizations. The company is backed by early investors in Google, DeepMind, Zoom, and Tesla.
Otter.ai is an equal opportunity employer. We proudly celebrate diversity and are dedicated to inclusivity.
Salary Range: $185,000 to $210,000 USD per year.
This salary range represents the low and high end of the estimated salary range for this position. The actual base salary offered for the role is dependent based on several factors. Our base salary is just one component of our comprehensive total rewards package.