At Pair Eyewear, we’re building the largest global eyecare company in the world focused on bringing personalization to the end to end eyecare experience, starting with your glasses. We’ve developed the first personalized eyewear brand where glasses can be an extension of your personality, mood, and interests. With funding from leading venture capitalists in the consumer space, partnerships in the entertainment, sports, and fashion arenas, and a team of passionate individuals, we’re on a mission to completely revolutionize the eyewear industry. We’re excited that we already have the support of Good Morning America, The Today Show, Oprah Magazine, CNN, and Forbes helping us share our story.
Pair is seeking a Driver to take ownership of transporting finished goods and raw materials between our warehouse and our Production facility. This role will report to our Warehouse Supervisor based out of the Production facility in Irvine. In this role you will serve as a key contributor to the Shipping team by transporting finished goods from our Production facility to our warehouse, and often bringing raw materials back to the Production facility. This role will work primarily with our Warehouse Supervisor, Production Manager, and Inbound Logistics Coordinator to ensure that accurate documentation is captured with each shipment and shared out with the team in a timely manner. You will also assist with packing up finished goods and generating packing lists towards the end of the shift.
What You’ll Do:
- Drive in-house sprinter van daily from production facility to warehouse with finished goods
- Unload boxes at warehouse, ensuring the Receiving team has signed off for them
- Create Bill of Lading and ensure signed BOL is sent to Ops team with photos of the shipment
- 2-3 times per week pick up raw materials in Santa Fe Springs
- Occasionally, transfer other materials and warehouse returns between the warehouse and production facility
- Provide assistance in the scanning, packing list creation, and shipping of finished goods
- Perform other duties as assigned
Who You Are:
- Competent driver with experience in commercial driving of freight or couriering
- Entrepreneurial and resourceful spirit
- You are highly reliable and punctual, and can be depended upon to meet time-sensitive deadlines
- You take ownership over the success of your area
- Flexible to change up tasks as needed
- Positive can-do attitude
Need to Have:
- HS diploma or equivalent
- Valid Driver’s license with clean driving record
- 2+ years experience in driving sprinter vans, cargo vans, or larger trucks.
- Warehouse experience a major plus, especially in shipping or packing.
- Must be comfortable in Google drive, Gmail, and Adobe Acrobat
- Highly reliable, consistent, responsible, and organized
- Proven ability to work independently
- Entrepreneurial and resourceful spirit; you thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and take initiative to problem-solve when something doesn’t add up
- Physical demands: Moderate physical activity such as the ability to stand and walk for long periods of time, bend down, and reach overhead. Ability to lift/carry up to 30 lbs.
Nice to Have:
- Additional experiences and qualifications that are not required (bullet)
Some Benefits and Perks of Working At Pair:
- Health, vision and dental insurance
- Generous vacation policies
- Competitive salaries with equity opportunities
- Retirement savings plan options
- Free eyewear (plus discounts for family and friends)
Hourly rate: $18-20/hr
Pair is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of actual or perceived age, ancestry, citizenship, color, disability, familial status, family responsibilities, gender identity/expression, genetic information, marital status, matriculation, national origin, personal appearance, political affiliation, pregnancy or related condition (including breastfeeding), race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Something looks off?