Shipping Associate (Rx)
At Pair Eyewear, we’re building the largest global eyecare company in the world focused on bringing personalization to the end to end eyecare experience, starting with your glasses. We’ve developed the first personalized eyewear brand where glasses can be an extension of your personality, mood, and interests. With funding from leading venture capitalists in the consumer space, partnerships in the entertainment, sports, and fashion arenas, and a team of passionate individuals, we’re on a mission to completely revolutionize the eyewear industry. We’re excited that we already have the support of Good Morning America, The Today Show, Oprah Magazine, CNN, and Forbes helping us share our story.
We are seeking a Shipping Associate to assist in the packing and shipping of finished goods coming off the production line. This role will report to our Warehouse Supervisor. In this role you will own the creation of accurate packing lists, problem-solve packing list discrepancies, and prepare shipments to be transferred to our warehouse. This role will work as part of a larger Shipping team to pack up finished purchase orders, maintain precise records, and keep the shipping operation running smoothly.
What You’ll Do:
- Scan finished goods coming off the production line to a packing list
- Piece count polybagged units in instances of quantity discrepancies
- Ensure that UPC labels and counts are accurate to the counts expected on each PO.
- Pack polybagged units into larger cartons and label cartons with PO information accordingly
- Identify disparities in expected vs. actual quantities and escalate issues to management for resolution.
- Publish packing lists in standardized format for wider team use.
- Perform other warehousing duties as needed, including receiving of raw materials to stock, staging of inventory for putaway, putaway of raw materials to short-term storage, and cycle counting.
- Remove trash and recycling from aisle-ways and keep a clean work environment
- Perform other duties as assigned
Who You Are:
- Highly organized, analytical, and detail-oriented
- Entrepreneurial and resourceful spirit
- You thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and take initiative to problem-solve when something doesn’t add up
- You take ownership over the success of your area
- Flexible to change up tasks as needed
- Positive can-do attitude
Need to Have:
- HS diploma or equivalent
- 2+ years experience in shipping/packing within a warehouse environment. Receiving/putaway, replenishment, and/or inventory control experience is a plus.
- Previous experience working in ERP/MRP/WMS platforms and ability to pick up new software systems.
- Must have experience in Google drive, Google sheets, and MS Office Suite
- Highly organized, analytical, and detail-oriented.
- Highly reliable and able to work independently
- Entrepreneurial and resourceful spirit; you thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and take initiative to problem-solve when something doesn’t add up
- Physical demands: Moderate physical activity such as the ability to stand and walk for long periods of time, bend down, and reach overhead. Ability to lift/carry up to 30 lbs.
Nice to Have:
- Experience with pallet jacks and loading/unloading freight shipments
Some Benefits and Perks of Working At Pair:
- Health, vision and dental insurance
- Generous vacation policies
- Competitive salaries with equity opportunities
- Retirement savings plan options
- Free eyewear (plus discounts for family and friends)
At Pair, we carefully consider a wide range of factors when determining compensation. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary. The pay range for this position is expected to be between $18.00/hr - $20.00/hr and will depend on your skills, qualifications, and experience. Additionally, this role might be eligible for discretionary short-term and long-term incentives. We encourage all interested candidates to apply.
Pair is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of actual or perceived age, ancestry, citizenship, color, disability, familial status, family responsibilities, gender identity/expression, genetic information, marital status, matriculation, national origin, personal appearance, political affiliation, pregnancy or related condition (including breastfeeding), race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.