Senior Backend Engineer
Posted on Wednesday, April 19, 2023
People.ai is an AI-powered foundational data platform that helps customers unlock go-to-market success & growth by providing teams with solutions built specifically for their needs. Providing enhanced pipeline visibility, more actionable insights, and a single source of truth for all sales activities. People.ai’s unique dataset, consisting of trillions of sales activities, millions of deals, 160 million business contacts, and 69 approved patents related to AI-based business insights, sets the company apart. Companies such as Verizon, IBM Red Hat, Snowflake, Zoom, and Palo Alto Networks rely on their enterprise-ready, patented AI technology.
At People.ai, we believe that people enrich the world around them in countless ways. We believe that the more time they spend applying their creativity, resourcefulness, and critical thinking to activities that matter most in their professional life, the more effective a professional they become. Our team is a diverse, outspoken group of creatives and critical thinkers, hyper-focused on driving change and growth. We embrace different. We applaud non-traditional career paths. We're inspired by people who have made processes their own.
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Intelligence Platform team, you will work with a vast amount of business data, perform data-driven research, design and develop algorithms and microservice architecture, write machine learning and automation code, and build scalable systems that power the AI-engine behind People.ai's products.
We value ownership highly — the ability to take an idea through all the stages from conception to shipping a product. This reflects throughout our company, but is especially true in engineering. As an engineer at People.ai, you'll be a part of a highly independent and autonomous team. Since we're building out a robust data layer that needs to be presented elegantly to the end-user, you'll be working with a large array of different technologies and fields. Expect lots of interesting challenges.
- Design and implement core backend services and data pipelines.
- Perform data-driven research using big data and leveraging Data Science toolset
- Document design choices and operational knowledge to successfully deploy and run services.
- Provide appropriate test coverage, unit and integration testing, with focus on performance and cost efficiency for your feature ownership areas.
- Ensure robust alerting, dashboards, and runbooks for production services are in place.
- Collaborate within the team and with other engineering teams to build new features and products according to business needs.
- Follow software design and development best practices and promote such practices in the team.
- 5+ years of professional experience working on backend systems in an enterprise environment
- 2+ years experience programming in Python 2.x/3.x or Scala or Java
- Professional experience with data analysis / data science tasks and/or ML
- Experience with LLMs is a plus
- Understanding of SOA, microservices, and event-driven architecture
- Experience with an enterprise-grade stack for scalable web apps including messaging broker, in-memory storages, NoSQL, and key-value databases
- Strong knowledge of TDD, Unit, and automated test paradigms
- Experience with SQL and RDBMS solutions
- Experience with large-scale data processing (Spark)
- Experience with Elasticsearch is a plus
- Experience with containerized applications, Docker, and Kubernetes
- Possess a DevOps mindset, AWS experience is a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or in a closely related discipline