Senior Backend Engineer - Intelligence Platform
Posted on Wednesday, April 19, 2023
People.ai is the leader in guiding enterprise sales teams on the proven path to pipeline and revenue generation. The People.ai enterprise revenue intelligence platform ensures organizations speed up complex sales cycles by engaging the right people in the right accounts. Through our patented AI technology, People.ai enables sales teams to clearly see whom to engage with in each of their accounts and exactly what to do to deliver the highest yielding deals. Enterprises such as AppDynamics, DataRobot, Okta, and Zoom know that people buy from people, that’s why people buy from People.ai.
At People.ai, we believe that people enrich the world around them in countless ways. We believe that the more time they spend applying their creativity, resourcefulness, and critical thinking to activities that matter most in their professional life, the more effective a professional they become. We're developing a deep understanding of the professional world, mapping people, companies, and the information that flows between them through natural language processing and machine learning. Our team is a diverse, outspoken group of creatives and critical thinkers, hyper-focused on driving enterprise growth. We embrace different. We applaud non-traditional career paths. We're inspired by people who have made processes their own.
As a Senior Backend Engineer on the Intelligence Platform team, you will work with a vast amount of business data, design APIs, write machine learning and automation code, and build scalable systems that power the AI-engine behind People.ai's products.
We value ownership highly—the ability to take an idea through all the stages from conception to shipping a product. This reflects throughout our company, but is especially true in engineering. As an engineer at People.ai, you'll be a part of a highly independent and autonomous team. Since we're building out a robust data layer that needs to be presented elegantly to the end-user, you'll be working with a large array of different technologies and fields. Expect lots of interesting challenges.
- Design and implement features in core backend services.
- Provide appropriate test coverage, unit and integration testing, with focus on performance and cost efficiency for your feature ownership areas.
- Document design choices and operational knowledge to successfully deploy and run services.
- Provide appropriate service-level logs and metrics to new and existing features. Ensure robust alerting, dashboards, and runbooks for production services are in place.
- Collaborate with other engineering teams to build new features and products according to business needs.
- 5+ years of professional experience working on backend systems in an enterprise environment
- 2+ years experience programming in Python or Scala or Java
- Experience with an enterprise-grade stack for scalable apps including messaging broker, in-memory storages, NoSQL, and key-value databases
- Strong knowledge of TDD, Unit, and automated tests paradigms
- Strong skills in SQL and RDBMS solutions
- Understanding of SOA, microservices, and event-driven architecture
- Experience with containerized applications, Docker, and Kubernetes are appreciated
- Possess a DevOps mindset, AWS experience is a plus
- Strong knowledge of HTTP stack and REST principles for integration with 3rd-party vendors
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or in a closely related discipline