Sales Development Representative
Please be aware we have noticed an increase in hiring scams potentially targeting Seismic candidates. Read our full statement on our Career's page.
Seismic, a rapidly growing Forbes Cloud 100 company, is the global leader in enablement, helping make sales teams better by becoming more productive and engaging with buyers in a compelling way. Seismic’s platform provides continuous guidance to improve behavior, content, and skills to win more deals and deliver better experiences. Nearly 2,000 organizations including IBM and American Express have made Seismic their enablement platform of choice. Seismic integrates with business-critical platforms including Microsoft, Salesforce, Google and Adobe. Seismic is headquartered in San Diego, with offices across North America, Europe, and Australia.
Seismic is committed to building an inclusive workplace that ignites growth for our employees and creates a culture of belonging that allows all employees to be seen and valued for who they are. Learn more about DEI at Seismic here.
Our sales and marketing teams help companies understand how Seismic can power collaboration internally through the use of content. We’re thoughtful and committed to telling the Seismic story, with the goal to ultimately help brands focus on enabling thei go to market teams.
In your role, you’ll be influential in spreading the word about our cutting edge technology and expanding our footprint.
Our Sales Development Representatives are a group of competitive individuals who are the first step in spreading awareness of our world class sales enablement tool.
Our hiring plans are always evolving to meet our business needs, some of the locations listed here may or may not have an immediate opening at the time of your application.
Who you are:
- An individual who is passionate for selling a great product; 6 + months of inside sales experience preferred
- Your high energy, enthusiasm and ambition enables you to want to grow in your career
- You possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, with experience cold calling preferred
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience in MS Excel, Word and Outlook
- Familiarity with CRM
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
What you'll be doing:
- Cold-calling into targeted accounts, lists or personally researched contacts within a specified region/market to uncover and qualify opportunities.
- Clearly communicating value proposition over the phone by thoroughly understanding Seismic’s products and business values.
- Identify client needs and develop positive rapport with both clients and the team.
- Building a network; research prospective clients through the use of web/social media, internal databases and external tools to identify leads.
- Documenting client interaction and/or prospecting efforts through the use of a CRM.
- Ensuring qualified leads meet quality standards and that channel partners actively engage in following up on these leads
- Partnering and strategizing with Outside Sales to build pipeline and set monthly goals.
- Not settling for average, always striving to exceed quota.
What we have for you:
- Generous paid vacation, sick leave, and holiday benefits, including an end-of-year company shutdown
- Competitive medical, dental and vision plans, as well as an optional Health Savings Account with a company contribution
- Paid parental leave and family caregiver leave
- Enhanced fertility and egg freezing benefits
- 401(k) plan with annual company match
- Monthly stipend for cell phone expenses
- Flexible work schedule
- Seismic Cares employee volunteer program
- #OneSeismic culture that celebrates wins, encourages autonomy, ownership, and transparency
Headquartered in San Diego and with employees across the globe, Seismic is the global leader in sales enablement, backed by firms such as Permira, Ameriprise Financial, EDBI, Lightspeed Venture Partners, and T. Rowe Price. Seismic also recently expanded its team and product portfolio with the acquisition of Percolate, Grapevine6, and Lessonly. Our board of directors is composed of several industry luminaries including John Thompson, former Chairman of the Board for Microsoft.
Seismic is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, age, race, religion, or any other classification which is protected by applicable law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.