Senior Software Engineer II
Please be aware we have noticed an increase in hiring scams potentially targeting Seismic candidates. Read our full statement on our Career's page.
Seismic, a rapidly growing Forbes Cloud 100 company, is the global leader in enablement, helping make sales teams better by becoming more productive and engaging with buyers in a compelling way. Seismic’s platform provides continuous guidance to improve behavior, content, and skills to win more deals and deliver better experiences. Nearly 2,000 organizations including IBM and American Express have made Seismic their enablement platform of choice. Seismic integrates with business-critical platforms including Microsoft, Salesforce, Google and Adobe. Seismic is headquartered in San Diego, with offices across North America, Europe, and Australia.
Seismic is committed to building an inclusive workplace that ignites growth for our employees and creates a culture of belonging that allows all employees to be seen and valued for who they are. Learn more about DEI at Seismic here.
The Seismic Learning teams are instrumental in delivering a unified product offering for our customers. On this team you will focus on scalable distributed backend solutions leveraging a variety of tools. A polyglot mentality with core proficiencies and a willingness to functionally work to support other languages is necessary. Someone who wants to work with talented individuals but also be enabled to contribute highly and independently is what we're looking for.
You will work closely with our product leads, engineering leads, and the other members of the team to continue the extraction of business-critical components/logic out of a monolith into a extensible and thoughtfully orchestrated microservice-based design and data model that sets Seismic up for the next ten years.
Who You Are:
- We value individuals who can balance technical expertise with a humble, low-ego approach to teamwork. You bring confidence to your work, knowing that your skills and experience can make a significant impact on our projects.
- Deep experience across multiple software projects, driving the end-to-end software development lifecycle of an architecturally complex system or product.
- Ability to think tactically as well as strategically, respecting what came before you and always thinking longer-term.
- Highly focused on operational excellence and software quality, with experience in CI/CD and best operational practices.
- Your technical skills are sought after as you develop in a pragmatic and efficient manner.
- You enjoy solving challenging problems, all while having a blast with equally passionate and talented team members.
What you will be doing:
- Define API strategy for internal and external APIs.
- Work collaboratively with Seismic platform developers on infrastructure pieces.
- Maintain and monitor distributed systems with high levels of asynchronicity.
- Contribute production code on a small remote engineering team.
- Collaborate in service architecture discussions and promote adoption of best practices and uniformity in system design and programming patterns.
- Being a mentor to other engineers by sharing new learnings and providing technical leadership to drive team success
What you’ll bring to the team:
- 7+ years of experience in software development, particularly backend
- Fluent in Node.js.
- Familiar with Ruby and C#/Java
- Experience with developing REST APIs and microservices.
- Knowledge of automated testing and performance tuning.
- Experience with Kafka, SQL (E.g. MySQL & PostgresQL) and NoSQL technologies (e.g. Redis)
- Experience with kubernetes and React.js is a plus
What we have for you:
- Generous paid vacation, sick leave, and holiday benefits, including an end-of-the-year company shutdown
- Competitive medical, dental and vision plans, as well as an optional Health Savings Account with a company contribution
- Paid parental leave and family caregiver leave
- $1,000 annual professional development reimbursement
- Enhanced fertility and egg freezing benefits
- 401(k) plan with annual company match
- Monthly stipend for cell phone expenses
- Flexible work schedule
- Seismic Cares employee volunteer program
- #OneSeismic culture that celebrates wins, encourages autonomy, ownership and transparency
Headquartered in San Diego and with employees across the globe, Seismic is the global leader in sales enablement, backed by firms such as Permira, Ameriprise Financial, EDBI, Lightspeed Venture Partners, and T. Rowe Price. Seismic also recently expanded its team and product portfolio with the acquisition of Percolate, Grapevine6, and Lessonly. Our board of directors is composed of several industry luminaries including John Thompson, former Chairman of the Board for Microsoft.
Seismic is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, age, race, religion, or any other classification which is protected by applicable law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.