Global Strategic Account Director ~ Financial Services
Please be aware we have noticed an increase in hiring scams potentially targeting Seismic candidates. Read our full statement on our Career's page.
Seismic, a rapidly growing Forbes Cloud 100 company, is the global leader in enablement, helping make sales teams better by becoming more productive and engaging with buyers in a compelling way. Seismic’s platform provides continuous guidance to improve behavior, content, and skills to win more deals and deliver better experiences. Nearly 2,000 organizations including IBM and American Express have made Seismic their enablement platform of choice. Seismic integrates with business-critical platforms including Microsoft, Salesforce, Google and Adobe. Seismic is headquartered in San Diego, with offices across North America, Europe, Australia and China.
Seismic is committed to building an inclusive workplace that ignites growth for our employees and creates a culture of belonging that allows all employees to be seen and valued for who they are. Learn more about DEI at Seismic here.
Seismic is seeking an experienced Global Strategic Account Director to lead and continue to expand the business with one of our company’s largest and most innovative customers. The Global Strategic Account Director will be a key member of the team responsible for providing business leadership and creative direction of this highly visible customer. You will build and maintain broad relationships in the account, develop and manage opportunities, and lead a large team of extended resources.
You will define a CXO relationship strategy within the account, including building a strong working relationship with the Seismic senior leadership team for executive sponsorship, executive business reviews, and shaping go-to-market opportunities.
This is an INDIVIDUAL CONTRIBUTOR role.
What you will be doing:
- The Global Strategic Account Director is responsible for teaming with all aspects of the customer’s organization, which includes executives, engineering, business owners, legal, and others.
- Skills required to build relationships across an account include creative thinking, articulating a clear vision and generating enthusiasm, to impact all business groups.
- You will be responsible for selling at the most strategic level within the account and implementing a broad strategy for earning customer acceptance and service implementation.
- You will work with all appropriate Seismic resources (Executives, Solution Architects, Business Development, Marketing, Partners, Support, Service teams and Professional Services) to support customer interests and will understand how to strongly advocate for their customer and balance that with the business needs of Seismic.
- This includes dotted line responsibility for downstream sales and technical resources that may be geographically distributed.
- Development of formal case studies and other forms of references highlighting activity and workloads running on Seismic is core to the role.
What you'll bring to the team:
- 10+ years’ experience working at a technology company as the lead account and relationship manager of a large global organization.
- 3+ years’ experience working with enterprise and/or global accounts.
- Preferred Qualifications - Experience as the primary account manager of a global federated enterprise working with multiple business units and influencing governance and policy is a plus.
- Experience with the largest global financial services companies is a plus.
- BA or BS degree in computer science, engineering, business, marketing, or related field (MBA preferred).
- Experience in large complex deal negotiations with a successful track record; establishing credibility quickly with senior level executives across the organizations.
- Strong understanding of Seismic and/or technology as a service (Iaas, SaaS, PaaS) would be preferred, but not required.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication, analytical and presentation skills are required.
- Candidate must possess demonstrated decision making, problem solving, and negotiating skills.
What we have for you:
- Take time to rest and recharge w/ paid time off, paid company holidays, and end of year company shutdown
- Medical, dental, vision and 2x life insurance
- Health Savings Accounts with $1,000 Single/$2,000 Family employer contribution and employer-paid disability plans
- Paid parental leave and family caregiver leaves
- Fertility & family planning benefits
- Mental health + Employee Assistance programs w/ free counseling sessions
- Bring Your Own Device technology stipend
- Seismic Cares Program w/ charitable donation matching
- Annual professional development reimbursement
- Equity program and performance-based bonuses
- Nine Communities of Belonging (employee resource/affinity groups)
- 401k w/ employer match
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Access to free paid telemedicine
Headquartered in San Diego and with employees across the globe, Seismic is the global leader in sales enablement, backed by firms such as Permira, Ameriprise Financial, EDBI, Lightspeed Venture Partners, and T. Rowe Price. Seismic also recently expanded its team and product portfolio with the acquisition of Percolate, Grapevine6, and Lessonly. Our board of directors is composed of several industry luminaries including John Thompson, former Chairman of the Board for Microsoft.
Seismic is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, age, race, religion, or any other classification which is protected by applicable law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.