Business Value Consultant
Pinwheel - Building a fairer financial system by unlocking API access to payroll systems.
More than half of Americans have a poor credit score or no score at all. Since most financial institutions rely on traditional credit scoring to assess risk, that means these people can't access affordable financial products. Instead, they resort to high-interest credit cards, payday loans, and trigger overdraft fees to make ends meet — which ultimately push them into deeper cycles of debt.
Pinwheel provides an API platform that makes it easy to connect payroll accounts like ADP and Gusto to any app. By unlocking the wealth of identity, income and employment data that sits in these systems, alongside direct access to paychecks, we can help innovators build the next generation of financial products that increase access for the underserved while improving the businesses of our partner fintechs, banks, and lenders.
Who are we looking for?
Pinwheel is at an exciting stage in our journey and we are looking for a Business Value Consultant who is able to quantify business value by translating Pinwheel solution advantages to specific financial results and business outcomes. We see this person presenting the value of Pinwheel solutions to prospect / customer executives with a solid understanding of how the customer will gain value and how our solution will drive financial value. You will report directly to the CRO and work to lead the use of value selling content and the value selling process at our top customer accounts. Additionally, partnering with Sales and Customer Success leaders to spread value-based selling among new and existing Account Executives and Customer Success Managers while working cross functionally with product and marketing teams.
As our first ever business value consultant you will be integral to educating account teams, engineering teams, and marketing teams on business value best practices and trends, helping set the direction for years to come.
What will you be doing?
- Create the artifacts to stand up this new team such as business case templates, maturity models, benchmarking analyses, AS IS / TO BE process designs, best practices recommendations
- Provide strategic consulting, business analysis, and solution architecture
- Develop and deliver consultative assessments, and recommendations to drive optimization
- Design comprehensive and global solutions coupled with highly compelling business cases and strong ROIs
- Articulate the business value proposition in a comprehensive but concise manner that each internal and external stakeholder will understand
What experience, skills, and qualifications are necessary?
- 8+ years of total experience with 3+ years in a Business Value, Value Engineering, or similar position
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Previous experience in a sales engineering or consulting role in a high-growth technology company
- Expert business case practitioner as applied to selling technology solutions
- Strong command of business case frameworks that use story-telling and financial concepts like revenue gain, cost savings, risk reduction, cash flow, and ROI financial metrics (NPV, IRR, Payback)
- Live in the United States (sorry, we cannot hire non-residents at this time, for this role)
Why join Pinwheel?
Best Time to Join - We are small but well-funded, meaning you get the upside of starting on the bottom floor with minimal risk.
Be a Cultural Founder - You will have an active hand in molding our culture and being a part of the growth journey.
Build Something Revolutionary - Help build the consumer data infrastructure of the future.
- Great compensation & equity packages
- Full medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Life & short-term disability insurance
- Unlimited vacation
- Paid parental leave
- 401K for retirement planning
- Mentorship opportunities
- Free Citibike membership
- Pet friendly offices and Zoom spaces
At Pinwheel, total compensation is made up of salary + equity + benefits. We recruit motivated and high performing talent, and work to compensate people in line with the value they can bring to the organization in delivering outsized results. The talent market is competitive, and maintaining our ability to recruit and retain the best team possible is a top priority for Pinwheel. When creating an offer, we consider interview performance, candidate experience, external market competitiveness, and internal equity in thoughtfully assessing compensation.
Diversity & Inclusion at Pinwheel
At Pinwheel, we are committed to building an environment that is diverse and inclusive. We believe that having people across different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives enables us not only to build the best financial products, but to help us realize the best versions of ourselves. Pinwheel is an equal opportunity employer, and we aim to be an open and supportive place to work.
As part of our commitment to health and safety, Pinwheel requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as permitted under applicable law.