Pinwheel - Building a fairer financial system by unlocking API access to payroll systems.
More than half of Americans have a poor credit score or no score at all. Since most financial institutions rely on traditional credit scoring to assess risk, that means these people can't access affordable financial products. Instead, they resort to high-interest credit cards, payday loans, and trigger overdraft fees to make ends meet — which ultimately push them into deeper cycles of debt.
Pinwheel provides an API platform that makes it easy to connect payroll accounts like ADP and Gusto to any app. By unlocking the wealth of identity, income, and employment data that sits in these systems, alongside direct access to paychecks, we can help innovators build the next generation of financial products that increase access for the underserved while improving the businesses of our partner fintechs, banks, and lenders.
Who are we looking for?
The role of product marketing is to be the driving force behind differentiating our products in the marketplace. They do so by understanding and articulating our ideal customer’s needs, acting as the voice of the customer to influence our product roadmap, developing positioning and messaging that resonates with our audience, and partnering with cross-functional teams on go to market programs that drive awareness and demand for our products. This role reports directly to the Head of Marketing.
What will you be doing?
- Be the master of facts for the competitive differentiation of our product suite, developing and maintaining accurate and high impact positioning statements, segment-specific messaging, and marketing claims
- Develop personas for each of our ideal customer buyer profiles and conduct continuous research to understand their needs, decision journey, and engagement patterns
- Develop customer centric narratives to articulate Pinwheel’s value proposition for each of our ideal customer personas
- Develop highly effective go-to-market strategies and execute GTM programs across content, events, sponsorships, speaking engagements, (and more!) that elevate Pinwheel’s perception in the marketplace
- Collaborate closely with product, sales, customer success and engineering on new product launches, lead generation, client engagement and brand activations
What experience, skills, and qualifications are necessary?
- 4-7 years of experience in Product Marketing
- Exceptional business writing skills with a focus on B2B selling
- Experience managing E2E content programs
- Mastery of account based marketing and collaborating closely with commercial teams
- SaaS, high tech, or financial services preferred
Why join Pinwheel?
Best Time to Join - We are small but well-funded, meaning you get the upside of starting on the bottom floor with minimal risk.
Be a Cultural Founder - You will have an active hand in molding our culture and being a part of the growth journey.
Build Something Revolutionary - Help build the consumer data infrastructure of the future.
- Great compensation & equity packages
- Full medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Life & short-term disability insurance
- Unlimited vacation
- Paid parental leave
- 401K for retirement planning
- Mentorship opportunities
- Free Citibike membership
- Pet friendly offices and Zoom spaces
At Pinwheel, total compensation is made up of salary + equity + benefits. We recruit motivated and high performing talent, and work to compensate people in line with the value they can bring to the organization in delivering outsized results. The talent market is competitive, and maintaining our ability to recruit and retain the best team possible is a top priority for Pinwheel. When creating an offer, we consider interview performance, candidate experience, external market competitiveness, and internal equity in thoughtfully assessing compensation. The expected cash salary range for this role is $70,000 - $85,000.
Diversity & Inclusion at Pinwheel
At Pinwheel, we are committed to building an environment that is diverse and inclusive. We believe that having people across different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives enables us not only to build the best financial products, but to help us realize the best versions of ourselves. Pinwheel is an equal opportunity employer, and we aim to be an open and supportive place to work.
As part of our commitment to health and safety, Pinwheel requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as permitted under applicable law.