Account Executive, Enterprise
Pinwheel - Building a fairer financial system by unlocking API access to payroll systems.
More than half of Americans have a poor credit score or no score at all. Since most financial institutions rely on traditional credit scoring to assess risk, that means these people can't access affordable financial products. Instead, they resort to high-interest credit cards, payday loans, and trigger overdraft fees to make ends meet — which ultimately push them into deeper cycles of debt.
Pinwheel provides an API platform that makes it easy to connect payroll accounts like ADP and Gusto to any app. By unlocking the wealth of identity, income and employment data that sits in these systems, alongside direct access to paychecks, we can help innovators build the next generation of financial products that increase access for the underserved while improving the businesses of our partner fintechs, banks, and lenders.
Who are we looking for?
We’re seeking an exceptional Enterprise Account Executive to work on our Sales Team. You will source and close net new opportunities with financial institutions, primarily focusing on banks, credit unions, or fintech players to leverage the Pinwheel API. You will drive the entire sales cycle from opportunity generation, pricing/structuring, and the legal contracting process. Once a client is signed, you will work with the client and our customer success team to drive utilization, cross-sells, and upsells.
What will you be doing?
- Execute all aspects of the sales experience while building and managing relationships with key decision-makers.
- Run complex sales deals, prescribe the most optimal use cases, and guide customers through every aspect of the procurement process (including regulatory, information security, and compliance) from initial contact to close.
- Prospect for new clients, identify key stakeholders and pain points, build and deliver product presentations, and develop sales presentations + proposals.
- Develop a keen understanding of the Pinwheel product, the financial services market, and our customers’ needs.
- Partner closely with Solutions, Data, Product, Marketing, and Legal to deliver an exceptional customer experience and maximize revenue.
What experience, skills, and qualifications are necessary?
- 5+ years of experience in B2B strategic level SaaS sales cycles.
- Track record of negotiating, structuring and executing highly complex agreements.
- Prior experience leading cross-functional teams through the entire sales cycle.
- Strong ability to articulate contractual, technical, and financial value points to customers, including executive leaders.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with experience presenting to C-level executives.
- Previous experience with FIs and Credit Unions is a plus but not required.
Why join Pinwheel?
Best Time to Join - Our company is small but well-funded, meaning you get the upside of starting on the bottom floor with minimal risk.
Be a Cultural Founder - You will have an active hand in molding the company culture and being a part of the entrepreneurial journey.
Build Something Revolutionary - Help build the consumer data infrastructure of the future.
- Excellent compensation & equity packages
- Full medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Life & short-term disability insurance
- Unlimited vacation
- Paid parental leave
- 401K for retirement planning
- Mentorship opportunities
- Free Citibike membership
- Pet-friendly offices and Zoom spaces
At Pinwheel, total compensation is made up of salary + equity + benefits. We recruit motivated and high performing talent, and work to compensate people in line with the value they can bring to the organization in delivering outsized results. The talent market is competitive, and maintaining our ability to recruit and retain the best team possible is a top priority for Pinwheel. When creating an offer, we consider interview performance, candidate experience, external market competitiveness, and internal equity in thoughtfully assessing compensation. The expected cash salary range for this role is $125,000-$137,500, plus variable compensation.
Diversity & Inclusion at Pinwheel
The success of our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion relies on continuous, immersive learning and dialogue within our entire team. All employees of Pinwheel are expected to demonstrate behaviors of equity, advocacy, activism, inclusion, and anti-racism in the workplace.