Poshmark is looking for a talented and creative Android Engineer. If you are someone who loves creating mobile applications that have a simple user interface and solid code, are passionate about developing new user experiences, solving difficult problems, and creating delightful solutions, this is a perfect job for you! You have the unique opportunity to play a critical part in defining and building the perfect experience for millions, developing scalable, well-designed software that enhances people’s lives globally. Join our world-class team and help build the future of Poshmark.
This position is a full-time role located in Chennai, India(Hybrid).
- Architect, build, iterate, and manage our Android mobile application.
- Spearhead every aspect of the Android development process from design to API creation.
- Partner closely with our design, product, and engineering teams to produce an application that flows seamlessly and works intuitively.
- Write high quality, maintainable, and unit-testable code for quality assurance, robustness, usability, and reliability
- Own important pieces of the product that have high visibility both internally and externally.
- Envision new products and features that are inspired, considered, and magical
- Find simple, elegant solutions to hard problems
- Get familiar with Poshmark’s ecosystem and tools
- Contributing to Poshmark’s android feature development
- Drive feature development independently
- Have a good collaboration within the team. Also, with other teams like Product, Design, QA, DevOps
- Participate in technical discussions, code reviews, and provide valuable inputs to other Team members.
12+ Month Accomplishments
- Provide ideas/changes to improve android application code base on new android design patterns or new android libraries.
- Contribute to Android core infrastructure pieces which can help drive the features to be developed at a faster rate and ease the boiler plate code.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Strong foundation in the fundamentals of computer science, data structures, algorithms, and software design optimized for mobile systems.
- Strong basics on software design patterns
- 2+ years of relevant SWE experience with Experience developing Android apps (Preferably, apps released into the PlayStore)
- Experience in Kotlin, Java, and Android Studio.
- Experience in Android's common software design patterns. (MVVM, MVC, MVP)
- Experience in Activity/Fragment management and lifecycle.
- Knowledge on Dagger or any other dependency injection frameworks.
- Knowledge in thread management and Kotlin coroutines
- Knowledge in general SQL queries and Normalizations of Database
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work cross-functionally.
- Design and use of RESTful web services to create connected applications.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Basic Knowledge of writing unit tests.
Poshmark is a leading social marketplace for new and secondhand style for women, men, kids, pets, home, and more. By combining the human connection of physical shopping with the scale, ease, and selection benefits of e-commerce, Poshmark makes buying and selling simple, social, and sustainable. Its community of more than 80 million registered users across the U.S., Canada, Australia, and India, is driving the future of commerce while promoting more sustainable consumption. For more information, please visit www.poshmark.com, and for company news and announcements, please visit investors.poshmark.com. You can also find Poshmark on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and YouTube.
At Poshmark, we’re constantly challenging the status quo and are looking for innovative and passionate people to help shape the future of Poshmark. We’re disrupting the industry by combining social connections with e-commerce through data-driven solutions and the latest technology to optimize our platform. We’re nothing without our amazing team who deliver an unparalleled social shopping experience to the millions of people we connect each day.
We built Poshmark around four core values: 1) focus on people to create empowered communities that drive success; 2) together we grow to support each other to strive for our dreams; 3) lead with love to foster genuine connections built upon a foundation of respect; and 4) embrace your weirdness to accept and empower one another on their own unique journey. We’re invested in our team and community, working together to build an entirely new way to shop. That way, when we win, we all win together. Come help us build the most connected shopping experience ever. We will set you up with comprehensive global and in-country benefits to support you and your family needs.
Poshmark is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.