Sr. Manager, Consolidation and Reporting
Poshmark is seeking an entrepreneurial, energetic, and distinguished Senior Manager, Consolidation and Reporting to join our accounting team. This position reports to the Assistant Controller.
This role oversees global consolidation and financial reporting that includes hands on knowledge of the consolidation process, including intercompany reconciliation and managing the financial reporting process. This position also includes assisting with month-end close, maintenance of General Ledger accounts and segments and identify and implement process efficiencies and requires an individual with excellent business, communication, and analytical skills, enabling collaboration with various functions. This position requires supporting international entities: communicating with our parent company based in Korea and our core accounting team based in India and manages 1 to 2 individuals. The successful candidate will be a self-starter with experience in partnering with colleagues to drive value and positive change across the organization. The ideal candidate has 10+ years of progressive Accounting/Finance experience with a blend of public accounting and accounting operations experience within an ecommerce marketplace company.
- Manage global consolidation activities that includes intercompany reconciliation, ensuring consolidation entries are accurate, maintaining different sets of books
- Drive the financial reporting process that includes providing timely and accurate financial reports to our parent company monthly and quarterly
- Own the financial fluctuation analysis process: distributing financial reports, ensuring the completion of the flux review, and reviewing explanations of material changes
- Assist with month-end close process, including review of journal entries and perform account analysis
- Manage regulatory filings such as franchise tax, business licenses, etc. timely and accurately
- Provide process improvement recommendations and drive report automation in Netsuite
- Maintain the General Ledger chart of accounts and segment structure
- Assess technical accounting issues for ad-hoc transactions
- Ensure SOX compliance maintenance, documentation & testing for accounting operations business processes, as relevant
- Participate in year-end financial audit as relevant
- Assist in special projects as needed
- Obtain understanding and knowledge of business operations, accounting processes and procedures, and company policies
- Demonstrate proficiency with company’s systems and accounting operations, with emphasis on Netsuite
- Efficiently manage and streamline the financial reporting process
- Supporting and executing accounting ad hoc projects
- Proficiency in managing the accounting team as well as relationship with the parent company and the core accounting team
12+ Month Accomplishments:
- Mastery of the 6-month accomplishments
- Mastery of thorough understanding of the transaction cycles and accounting treatments that impacts areas of responsibilities
- Expert in the monthly/quarterly close and reporting packages
- Proficiency in building efficiencies and improvements in accounting processes, procedures, and systems
- Building strong cross-functional relationships and work collaboratively
- Prioritizing effectively, meeting deadlines, working with others, and following through to execute all tasks
- BS Degree in Finance/Accounting; CPA a plus
- 10+ years of progressive accounting experience, including a minimum of 3 years public accounting experience
- Working knowledge of global consolidation and financial reporting
- Experience with Netsuite or equivalent
- Strong attention to detail
- Effective leader with excellent oral and written communication
- Multi-tasker, problem solver and succeeds in a fast-paced, growth environment
Poshmark is a leading social marketplace for new and secondhand style for women, men, kids, pets, home, and more. By combining the human connection of physical shopping with the scale, ease, and selection benefits of e-commerce, Poshmark makes buying and selling simple, social, and sustainable. Its community of more than 80 million registered users across the U.S., Canada, Australia, and India, is driving the future of commerce while promoting more sustainable consumption. For more information, please visit www.poshmark.com, and for company news and announcements, please visit investors.poshmark.com. You can also find Poshmark on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and YouTube.
At Poshmark, we’re constantly challenging the status quo and are looking for innovative and passionate people to help shape the future of Poshmark. We’re disrupting the industry by combining social connections with e-commerce through data-driven solutions and the latest technology to optimize our platform. We’re nothing without our amazing team who deliver an unparalleled social shopping experience to the millions of people we connect each day.
We built Poshmark around four core values: 1) focus on people to create empowered communities that drive success; 2) together we grow to support each other to strive for our dreams; 3) lead with love to foster genuine connections built upon a foundation of respect; and 4) embrace your weirdness to accept and empower one another on their own unique journey. We’re invested in our team and community, working together to build an entirely new way to shop. That way, when we win, we all win together. Come help us build the most connected shopping experience ever. We will set you up with comprehensive global and in-country benefits to support you and your family needs.
Poshmark is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.