Lead Data Analyst
Poshmark is looking for a Lead Analyst to support our Operations functions. You’ll partner closely with our Accounting, Marketplace Operations, and Customer Support & Community Development teams to drive innovative, analytical initiatives to meet our business objectives.
Lead Analyst, Operations Analytics
- Support major business operations areas at Poshmark: Accounting, Marketplace Operations, Customer Support & Community Development.
- Provide data-driven insights and actionable recommendations to key stakeholders. Understand and meet their analytics needs on a continual basis
- Lead and project-manage stakeholder analytical and operational projects with growing independence
- Monitor existing metrics, analyze data and performance, and partner with internal team members to identify opportunities for improvement
- Develop new or improve existing key metrics and performance indicators to evaluate business performance, and work with the Data Engineering team to implement the data collection needed
- Perform exploratory data analysis to identify trends, patterns, correlations, and insights
- Provide business recommendations to the leadership team in a simple, clear, and compelling manner
- Identify process improvement opportunities and execute the frameworks required to scale our team alongside of our business
- Think and work independently, exhibit creativity, and deliver quick results, while demonstrating a team-player attitude
- Work effectively with cross-functional teams; learn and apply best practices from other teams and always strive for high quality deliverables
- Maintain required documentation to ensure inventory of all key findings from trends and growth opportunities
- Learn the ins-and-outs of Poshmark’s platform and operations.
- Develop an understanding of KPIs and analysis of supply and demand forces within a two-sided marketplace.
- Gain expertise of Poshmark's internal data systems and platforms and the use cases for each.
- Independently find and deliver analytics insights in areas of business operations to drive high-stakes business decisions.
- Partner on solving business problems, and develop a strong partnership with the stakeholders.
12+ Month Accomplishments:
- Own analytics and be the go-to person for data-driven decision making for at least one business area
- Independently lead and project manage business stakeholder priorities
- Develop insight and knowledge of long term trends and factors influencing the business
- Present synthesized data driven analysis and insights on the marketplace to the senior members/ executives
- Minimum 5 years of analytics experience
- Strong data mining skills using SQL with proficiency in in Excel
- Data Visualization through Looker (or similar tool)
- Understanding of data modeling concept and partnering on building new DW tables
- Experience in gathering requirements and formulating business metrics for reporting
- Ability to communicate data at an appropriate level for the audience
- Storytelling and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills — including written and oral communication skills
- Bachelors in Economics, Business, Statistics, or a related field. Masters is a plus
Poshmark is a leading social marketplace for new and secondhand style for women, men, kids, pets, home, and more. By combining the human connection of physical shopping with the scale, ease, and selection benefits of e-commerce, Poshmark makes buying and selling simple, social, and sustainable. Its community of more than 80 million registered users across the U.S., Canada, Australia, and India, is driving the future of commerce while promoting more sustainable consumption. For more information, please visit www.poshmark.com, and for company news and announcements, please visit investors.poshmark.com. You can also find Poshmark on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and YouTube.
At Poshmark, we’re constantly challenging the status quo and are looking for innovative and passionate people to help shape the future of Poshmark. We’re disrupting the industry by combining social connections with e-commerce through data-driven solutions and the latest technology to optimize our platform. We’re nothing without our amazing team who deliver an unparalleled social shopping experience to the millions of people we connect each day.
We built Poshmark around four core values: 1) focus on people to create empowered communities that drive success; 2) together we grow to support each other to strive for our dreams; 3) lead with love to foster genuine connections built upon a foundation of respect; and 4) embrace your weirdness to accept and empower one another on their own unique journey. We’re invested in our team and community, working together to build an entirely new way to shop. That way, when we win, we all win together. Come help us build the most connected shopping experience ever. We will set you up with comprehensive global and in-country benefits to support you and your family needs.
Poshmark is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.