Marketplace Safety Associate
Poshmark is the largest community marketplace for fashion where anyone can buy, sell and share their personal style. With millions of shoppers and over a million sellers, Poshmark brings together a vibrant community everyday to express themselves and share their love of fashion.
Do you love justice and making this world a better place? If you have a passion for investigating and fighting cyber fraud, we want to talk to you! We are looking for that unique individual who loves problem-solving, analyzing data or people, and “getting things done” in a fast-paced tech environment.
Poshmark is looking for a Marketplace Safety Associate who will focus on fraud detection and solve fraud-related issues. In addition to operational work, you will evolve our processes and help develop scalable solutions to fraud prevention. The Fraud Associate will play a critical role in making sure that our marketplace is trusted and safe. This is an entry-level position and perfect for a recent graduate or someone looking to pivot into a fraud mitigation career.
**Candidates must be able to work a Sunday-Thursday/ Tue- Saturday schedule. Based on the schedule assigned.
- Effectively review & investigate purchases to identify fraudulent behaviours
- Investigate users and orders in a thorough, unbiased and fair manner.
- Use back office tools to take appropriate actions on user accounts or orders.
- Collaborate with the Payment and Support teams to troubleshoot issues.
- Interact with the Poshmark community about sensitive issues in a professional manner.
- Familiar with Poshmark policies, processes, and procedures.
- Familiar with all Poshmark internal tools.
- Learn about all fraud types and become comfortable making decisions.
- Work independently and cross functionally to streamline processes to improve fraud processes.
12+ Month Accomplishments:
- Complete and exceed all 6-month responsibilities.
- Become a master in fraud and be able to determine all fraud types with no additional help.
- New graduates are welcome
- Great attention to detail & highly organized
- Passionate about community & helping our users
- Strong work ethic
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Endless patience & contagious positive energy
- Inherently curious
- Confidence to work with upper management
- Collaborative personality
Poshmark is a leading social marketplace for new and secondhand style for women, men, kids, pets, home, and more. By combining the human connection of physical shopping with the scale, ease, and selection benefits of e-commerce, Poshmark makes buying and selling simple, social, and sustainable. Its community of more than 80 million registered users across the U.S., Canada, Australia, and India, is driving the future of commerce while promoting more sustainable consumption. For more information, please visit www.poshmark.com, and for company news and announcements, please visit investors.poshmark.com. You can also find Poshmark on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and YouTube.
At Poshmark, we’re constantly challenging the status quo and are looking for innovative and passionate people to help shape the future of Poshmark. We’re disrupting the industry by combining social connections with e-commerce through data-driven solutions and the latest technology to optimize our platform. We’re nothing without our amazing team who deliver an unparalleled social shopping experience to the millions of people we connect each day.
We built Poshmark around four core values: 1) focus on people to create empowered communities that drive success; 2) together we grow to support each other to strive for our dreams; 3) lead with love to foster genuine connections built upon a foundation of respect; and 4) embrace your weirdness to accept and empower one another on their own unique journey. We’re invested in our team and community, working together to build an entirely new way to shop. That way, when we win, we all win together. Come help us build the most connected shopping experience ever. We will set you up with comprehensive global and in-country benefits to support you and your family needs.
Poshmark is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.