Director of Finance
Realm is on a mission to bring simplicity to homeownership. From the day you buy your home to the day it is sold, there are a series of complex and expensive decisions to be made. What should you renovate? How much should it cost? Should you refinance? When does it make sense to move?
That’s where Realm comes in. With primary residences accounting for 62% of the average American’s net worth, we’re building a single destination to empower homeowners to decide what to do with their home, and then help them do those things seamlessly. And we’re starting with solving the most complex of these decisions – renovations.
Today we’ve helped 500+ homeowners navigate renovations totaling over $70M with industry-leading, proprietary data and expert guidance from our Realm Advisors. We’re on track to be a $1B+ business in the next few years, and are backed by top-tier VC firms like GGV, Lerer Hippeau, and Primary Venture Partners.
Who You Are
You are a goal oriented finance leader who counts strict attention to details and cross-functional communication as your core competencies. You have worked at a high growth tech company in the past and have great working knowledge of both startup financing and growth.
Most importantly, you’re excited by the opportunity to modernize the homeowner experience, while working with a supportive, hard-working team.
What you will work on:
- Own Realm’s FP&A function, including building and maintaining the company’s overall budgeting and operating model and additional ad-hoc analysis to support strategic decision making
- Oversee Realm’s monthly close and financial reporting process
- Work cross functionally with exec and department heads to establish financial KPIs and report timely financial reporting against relevant initiatives and metrics
- Oversee Realm’s accounting function, including payables, expenses, and taxes
- Lead annual financial audit processes
- Assist the business leaders in decision making around unit economics
- Manage external financial firm relationships.
What we are looking for:
- 7+ years of experience in strategic corporate finance, additional experience in private equity/venture capital, investment banking, and/or management consulting a plus
- 2+ years experience at an early stage start-up (Series A- Series D)
- You are highly analytical and quantitative with a strong business sense
- Attention to detail is how you live and breath
- Top-tier communication and presentation skills
- Be able to display results and modeling that will be presented to key stakeholders including board level and potential investors
- Extensive experience in financial modeling
- Ability to be able to see the big picture but also roll ups your sleeves and dive into the details
- Must be able to work out of our NYC or LA office minimum two days a week.
What you’ll get:
- The chance to work at a hyper-growth venture-backed start-up bringing the “first of its kind” technology to an exciting industry
- The opportunity to feel true purpose in your efforts by witnessing the homeowners you work with make life-changing decisions about their homes
- Experience blending your construction and design skills with Realm’s cutting edge data offering, and the opportunity to help level-up the entire organization on its technical construction knowledge
- The opportunity to build Realm’s presence and brand
- A diverse and supportive people-first environment where you can bring your whole self to work
- An environment where your voice is heard and your impact is recognized up and down the organization
- Competitive, performance-based pay and unlimited PTO
Compensation for this role is $185K - $215K base salary + equity.