To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job CategoryCustomer Success
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
At Slack, we believe that our success is directly tied to the value our customers derive from our product. We demonstrate Slack’s platform flexibility by designing and delivering the right experiences for our customers, their teams and the individuals within it.
As a technical architect, you are responsible for engaging with our largest and most strategic customers to assess and design the technical rollout and launch plan for Slack. You are a key member of the Customer Success services team with a technical background and competencies in development, integration, solution architecture and security.
You will conduct detailed technical discovery workshops, assess cultural, structural and business functions with security requirements while translating these findings for a foundational Slack solution built for scale and flexibility. This design will include details on the workspaces, user management, authentication, bots, integrations, and settings & permissions required to ensure there are no technical barriers to user adoption of Slack. You will be responsible for advising on integration implementations, including key production systems from Salesforce, SAP, GitHub, Workday, Atlassian products, Google Apps, etc. and customizing client applications. You love strategically working with clients and in this role you'll be advising customers on how best to implement Slack APIs, Platform and Developer tool kits.
- Facilitate customer facing workshops with the technical team and develop a technical deployment plan.
- Ensure flawless integration with other systems and apps, including identity management, eDiscovery, data loss prevention, other SaaS products and internal systems.
- Assist in secure setup of the customer’s Slack environment based on IT, governance and technical requirements.
- Develop custom Slack apps based on customers’ requirements and help deploy the same on customers’ environment.
- Migrate Slack data from one instance to another.
- Manage technically complex delivery projects.
- Remove technical roadblocks for organization-wide software distribution.
- Present detailed technical information and benefits of the Slack platform to a wide array of customers, including line of business managers, developers, technical architects and executives.
- Share knowledge and contribute technical artifacts to the Global Slack Technical Architects & Professional Services organization.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- Fluent verbal/written proficiency in Japanese language.
- Business level proficiency in English language.
- Business level proficiency in Korean language would be a big plus.
- At least 7 years of work experience in software engineering, solutions engineering, technical consulting, solutions architecture, professional services or relevant fields.
- Hands-on experience in developing/consuming REST APIs and working with SDKs.
- Proficient in common data-structures, algorithms and basics of computer networks.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills for presenting both business oriented solutions and advanced technical concepts.
- Experience of leading and crafting technical projects, engaging with, and motivating change across multiple levels of IT executives and organizations.
- Excellent skills of project management, customer objection handling and a collaborative mindset.
- Past experience of working directly with Sales and Customer Success teams, Consultants, System Integrators, Partners, Customers on system integration, solutions or product development.
- Good understanding of Security, Identity & Access Management and Authentication/Authorization protocols/standards (SSO, SAML, LDAP, OAuth2 etc).
- Must be a fast learner, willing to go out of your comfort zone and take up new challenges.
- Comfortable working independently, able to build outstanding relationships with multi-functional teams and collaborate proactively.
- Degree or Relevant Work Experience Preferred
[Following are not necessary but good to have]
- Ability to quickly build an application from scratch to prototype an idea. Knowledge of at least one of the widely popular frameworks/libraries (e.g. Express/Flask/Spring etc.) are coveted.
- Hands-on experience of scalable System Design on Cloud (either of AWS/Azure/GCP).
- Knowledge of testing code using various testing frameworks (Jest, PyTest, etc.).
- Ability to deploy and scale application on various cloud platforms (PaaS) using Docker/Kubernetes.
- Team lead, management or mentoring experiences would be highly valued.
- Previous experience of working with Slack APIs/SDKs, Salesforce(Apex, LWC etc.), MuleSoft, Tableau would set you apart.
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.