Senior Staff Software Engineer (Architect), Frontend
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job CategorySoftware Engineering
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
Slack is looking for a curious and pragmatic senior staff (equivalent of an Architect) frontend engineer. On this role, you will work closely with engineering, product and design leads on the definition and implementation of the short and long term vision of automation experience, actively look for creative solutions to the problems we are trying to solve and share knowledge and innovative ideas that will benefit the broader organization.
This person should be motivated by building phenomenal product experiences and technically-strong engineering leader and individual contributor who can initially help design, architect, and code. Multi-functional collaboration with Product Managers and Designers will be essential to the success of this role.
If you love learning new things, being a mentor, and leading by example as you strive for engineering excellence we would love to know more about you!
What you will be doing
- Design, architect, and code a new initiative in product engineering
- Lead technical strategy and efforts for broad or complex requirements with insightful and forward-looking approaches that have an impact on an entire engineering function and tackle large open-ended problems
- Set the vision for strategic development of methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria
- Advise and guide the efforts of this new initiative through delegation to senior technical leaders
- Proactively identify and remedy communication gaps and issues to reach alignments for complex issues across diverse audiences and influence organizational goals and strategy
- Become a trusted coach and mentor, actively building new leaders at Slack through continuous feedback
What you should have
- 12+ years of engineering experience
- Frontend engineering knowledge and experience (React, etc)
- Backend engineering knowledge and experience
- Experience contributing and leading the delivery of impactful product features across all stages of development, from initial research, to UX design and prototyping, to testing and development.
- Experience owning technical architecture discussions and leading technical decisions for an engineering organization
- Ability to write understandable, testable code with an eye towards maintainability
- Coding skills with functional or imperative programming languages — e.g., PHP, Python, Ruby, Go, C, or Java
- Excellent collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Startup mentality and experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience
- Prior mobile or tech lead experiences are plus
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.For Colorado-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $194,400 to $296,600.Compensation offered will be determined by factors such as location, level, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Certain roles may be eligible for incentive compensation, equity, benefits. More details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.salesforcebenefits.com.