Senior Product Designer, Owners Portal
Ilir Sela started Slice with the belief that local pizzerias deserve all of the advantages of major franchises without compromising their independence. Starting with his family’s pizzerias, we now empower over tens of thousands of restaurants with the technology, services, and collective power that owners need to better serve their digitally minded customers and build lasting businesses. We’re growing and adding more talent to help fulfil this valuable mission. That’s where you come in.
Slice is hiring a Senior Product Designer to drive design strategy, and execution for the Shop org—a group of folks who create tools that help our partner shops run and grow their businesses. This includes products that provide owner's access to data, analytics and insights to help them grow their business; that enable in-store staff to manage orders; that run our POS system; and more.
The Shop team creates 1st party solutions for the pizzerias and restaurants we partner with—directly shaping every restaurant owner’s experience with Slice to fuel their connection with their customers.
We look forward to hearing from you!
What you’ll do
- Frame and prioritise problems. You'll partner closely with your squad's product manager and engineering leads to break down and clearly define problems and align on which ones to tackle to ensure that your squad is prioritising the greatest opportunities.
- Champion our design system. The foundational aspects of our design system stretch across both the consumer and shop products. We’re at the beginning of incorporating our design system into our Shop products. Having a strong understanding of, and working experience with, cross product design systems is critical.
- Facilitate a structured, collaborative, and transparent design process. You'll guide your squad through an end-to-end design process that adapts to the unique needs of each project, but always ensures that problems, objectives, and solution parameters are clearly defined and understood upfront, makes space for divergent exploration and invites in others' perspectives, and keeps your partners involved throughout with the goal of reaching a strong, co-created solution.
- Create simple, intuitive, and delightful designs. You'll translate complex ideas into flows and interfaces that customers love, drive strong outcomes for the business, and continuously elevate the quality of our products.
- Partner with engineers to ensure that design work is implemented as intended. You'll provide engineers with clear guidance about how your design work is meant to be implemented and provide any necessary feedback during the build process to ensure that what we ship meets a high quality standard.
- Provide design feedback and mentorship to fellow designers. You'll provide feedback and guidance to other members of our design team to help them improve the quality and impact of their work, grow their skills, and make progress towards their professional goals.
- Support design team hiring efforts. We're committed to attracting and hiring the best of the best, and that requires a team effort. We'll look to you to help us identify designers with the skills, working style, and mindset to level up our design team and our products.
- Advocate for design. You'll advocate and educate on behalf of our design team, elevating others' understanding of design and its value in driving new strategic thinking, innovation, and stronger customer and business outcomes.
What we’re looking for
- 5 - 7 years of product design experience, including 3+ years of leading large-scale initiatives at a product-centric company. You've been there, done it, and undoubtedly learned a lot along the way.
- Demonstrated ability to tackle complex problems, design phenomenal customer experiences, and produce strong customer and business outcomes. You have a shareable portfolio of design work that breaks down the problems you were solving, explains your process for working with teammates to reach a solution, and showcases strong interaction and visual design skills.
- Customer-focused and business-minded. You strive to understand and serve customers' needs in a way that simultaneously furthers the business' short- and long-term objectives.
- Understanding of human behavior. You recognize that, in order to be successful, design must influence how people interact with products and you understand how your design decisions will affect behavior.
- Strong product instincts. You're able to anticipate the effects of product and design decisions with high accuracy and use your judgment to help your team make better decisions.
- Visual design sense and expertise. You have a command of visual design principles and a well-developed aesthetic taste, but you also understand that visual design is about much more than aesthetics and recognize how to leverage visual design to improve usability and direct attention.
- Systems thinking. You're able to think beyond pixels and manage and weave the complexity of different offerings, understanding how each affects the others and contributes to the bigger picture.
- Commitment to craft and quality. You obsess over the details of interaction, visual, and motion design and strive to create the best possible experience for customers.
- Strong collaboration and relationship-building. You're effective at building trust and alignment with team members and peers, and persuading when necessary.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Your communication is clear, direct, and personable, you provide thoughtful rationale for your decisions, and you're comfortable and effective speaking in front of groups of all sizes.
- High agency. You're a self-starter who's able to work independently, overcome obstacles, and drive projects forward with minimal supervision.
- Organisation and time management. You have strong organizational skills and attention to detail, with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple high-visibility initiatives simultaneously.
- Open-mindedness. Even when you have a strong conviction in your point of view, you invite and consider others' perspectives and ideas.
- Adaptability. You work in a flexible and empathetic way, understanding that everyone you collaborate with will have unique working styles, and each project will vary in its specific process needs.
- A growth mindset. Last, but definitely not least, you have a strong desire to try new things, learn, and improve.
The best parts of this job
- Work that matters. All of your work at Slice will be focused on helping hard-working entrepreneurs behind small, independent businesses to succeed and better serve their local communities.
- Ownership and impact. You’ll have true ownership of a large area of work and be in a position to make a huge impact for both our customers and the business.
- Transformation. You’ll be provided the opportunity to rethink and redesign the products that exist today in order to significantly level up the design and help them achieve their potential.
- Design quality. We’re committed to creating best-in-class product experiences and ensuring that all of our designers are put in a position to do the best work of their career.
- Amazing teammates. You’ll be surrounded by smart, kind people that you’ll learn from and enjoy working with on a daily basis.
- Company culture. There are many great aspects of Slice’s culture, but our most special quality is the genuine openness to and willingness to try out new ideas.
- Career growth. Our business is doing extremely well and growing quickly, which has created a vibrant environment and ample opportunities for learning and career growth. As we continue to grow, so will you.
- Personal Health, Dental and Eye Care
- Income and Death insurance
- Cycle Scheme of up to £2500
- Market leading Maternity and Paternity Schemes
- Flexible working / Hours and WFH
- Generous time off allowance and policies
- Free Friday Pizza and Monday Breakfast
- Fully stocked kitchen/snacks
- £200 per annum employee wellbeing allowance
- Gym membership discount
- Discounts for local Pizzerias
How to apply?
A CV gives us a good idea of your background, we are interested in your latest work and projects. Education is great to see, but it's not overly important to us. If you have them, be sure to include links to any personal projects, blogs, contributions, or anything you want to add to your application.
My Pizza Slice Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and we value Diversity. We appreciate the differences in style and perspective as we believe it adds value to the organisation, and we aim to recruit like minded employees. We are also proud members of the Diversity Mark NI initiative as a Bronze Member.
Something looks off?