Ilir Sela started Slice with the belief that local pizzerias deserve all of the advantages of major franchises without compromising their independence. Starting with his family’s pizzerias, we now empower over tens of thousands of restaurants with the technology, services, and collective power that owners need to better serve their digitally minded customers and build lasting businesses. We’re growing and adding more talent to help fulfil this valuable mission. That’s where you come in.
The Challenge to Solve
As a QA Engineer at Slice you will ensure that our applications are released with the highest quality possible.
Reporting to the QA lead you will be responsible for designing both manual and automated tests ensuring all relevant requirements are covered. You will be responsible for raising bugs in our bug tracking system whilst helping developers in debugging issues. In addition you will participate in the planning of software features within an Agile environment, including details of technical implementation and product requirements, all while serving as an internal representative, advocate, and expert for QA, contributing that perspective to the company in every way.
In the UK, the Slice team is in direct contact with our US/Macedonian partners and customers on a daily basis. Our teams in the UK, Ohrid and Debar work closely with our New York City office to coordinate our support, marketing, and information efforts.You will be joining a close knit team of 6 quality assurance specialists in the Belfast office who are dedicated to the consistent quality of all Slice products and services. We are always looking for individuals who are committed to constantly improving themselves and the work of our team.
The Winning Recipe
We’re looking for creative, entrepreneurial engineers who are excited to build world-class products for small business counters. These are the core competencies this role calls for:
- 2-3 years experience within software quality assurance and a strong understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle
- Experience in creation and management of structured test plans based on feature acceptance criteria
- A working understanding of web technology (HTML, browser features, browser-based dev tools)
- Work experience related to the quality of software products (troubleshooting, bug investigations, etc.)
- Experience in working in an Agile environment
- Basic knowledge in programming languages (SQL,Java, HTML, Rails)
- An understanding of test automation tools
Working at Slice comes with a comprehensive set of benefits, but here are some of the unexpected highlights:
- Access to medical, dental, and vision plans
- Flexible working hours
- Generous time off policies
- £200 per annum employee wellbeing allowance
- Market leading maternity and paternity schemes
- Discounts for local pizzerias (of course)
The Hiring Process
Here’s what we expect the hiring process for this role to be, should all go well with your candidacy. This entire process is expected to take 1-3 weeks to complete and you’d be expected to start on a specific date.
- 30 minute introductory meeting
- 30 minute hiring manager meeting
- 60 minute QA & Cultural Interview
- CTO meeting
Pizza brings people together. Slice is no different. We’re an Equal Opportunity Employer and embrace a diversity of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law. We are also proud members of the Diversity Mark NI initiative as a Bronze Member.
Something looks off?