Account Executive, Outside Sales
Ilir Sela started Slice with the belief that local pizzerias deserve all of the advantages of major franchises without compromising their independence. Starting with his family’s pizzerias, we now empower over tens of thousands of restaurants with the technology, services, and collective power that owners need to better serve their digitally minded customers and build lasting businesses. We’re growing and adding more talent to help fulfill this valuable mission. That’s where you come in.
The Challenge to Solve
Empower local business owners with an incredible app-based ordering experience that both delights their customers and keeps them coming back for more.
As an Account Executive, Outside Sales, you will be responsible for building relationships with pizzeria owners in your regional territory (existing Slice partners and new prospects) and partnering with them to adopt Slice Register (Slice’s POS System). Your efforts will enable Slice to have stronger relationships with our partners and you will also engage in additional upsell opportunities with all of our products and services.
You will own the entire sales cycle from cold outreach, to pitch, to close. The sales cycle can take anywhere from just one phone call or shop visit to a few weeks. You will primarily be traveling around your territory meeting with owners in person, while also spending time on the phone, scheduling appointments and increasing touchpoints with owners. You may be able to win some sales entirely over the phone and are encouraged to take the most efficient route to hit your targets. This is a high-velocity sales role, with lots of daily touch-points to different shops to hit weekly targets and monthly goals.
In this role:
- You will actively sell Slice’s POS System (Slice Register) to prospective and existing Slice partners in your regional market
- Own the entire sales cycle from cold outreach, to pitch, to close, to onboarding, and through early lifecycle retention
- Develop relationships with owners in your territory order to build trust and introduce new products to owners
- Consistently over-achieve quota via inbound and outbound opportunities
- Sell new/additional services to the existing network when new features and offerings are rolled out across the business.
- Work closely with your territory team, including a sales development rep and post-sales onboarding and support rep
- Collaborate with and provide insights/feedback to the wider team on ways we can improve our product, pitch, and processes
Your day-to-day will include managing a pipeline of leads (existing Slice partners and prospective pizzeria leads) by meeting with them in person and connecting with them over the phone. The Outside Sales team serves as the face of Slice in educating pizzeria owners about best practices and the value of partnering with Slice on our full suite of products to grow their business.
You will be an effective collaborator and will work closely with our Product Specialist and Register Sales team. You will be motivated to work independently and remotely. You will report to your Regional Sales Manager and work in collaboration with the Head of US Sales.
The Winning Recipe
We are looking for someone with strong organizational abilities, relationship building skills, and a passion for managing the details. You should thrive in an ever-changing start up environment and be willing to contribute wherever necessary as plans and priorities change.
These are the core competencies this role calls for:
- 2 - 5 years of Sales experience in the SMB space
- Restaurant industry or POS-Sales experience is a plus, but not required
- Salesforce experience is a plus
- High- energy and fearless; you’ll do whatever it takes to win
- Self motivated, entrepreneurial seller
- Very organized in order to manage and own your day to day schedule
- Excellent listener, assertive, persistent and persuasive
- Track record of meeting and exceeding goals
- Passionate about tech innovation and bridging technology gaps by educating shop owners through fact to fact interaction
- A valid driver’s license and vehicle for travel
- You will need to travel within your territory to meet with shops daily.
Working at Slice comes with a comprehensive set of benefits, but here are some of the unexpected highlights:
- Flexible PTO
- Market leading medical, vision and dental insurance
- 401K matching up to 4%
- Monthly wellness reimbursement/stipend
- Weekly pizza stipend (Yes, that’s a thing!)
Salary Range: $100k OTE + benefits.
The above represents the expected salary range for this job requisition. Ultimately, in determining your pay, we'll consider your location, experience, and other job-related factors.
The Hiring Process
Here’s what we expect the hiring process for this role to be, should all go well with your candidacy. This entire process is expected to take 1-2 weeks to complete and you’d be expected to start on a specific date.
- 30 minute introductory meeting with recruiter
- 2 30 min meetings with Outside Sales Manager and Inside Sales Manager
- 45 min presentation and mock pitch
Pizza brings people together. Slice is no different. We’re an Equal Opportunity Employer and embrace a diversity of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law. We are also proud members of the Diversity Mark NI initiative as a Bronze Member.
Something looks off?