Senior QA Engineer
Ilir Sela started Slice with the belief that local pizzerias deserve all of the advantages of major franchises without compromising their independence. Starting with his family’s pizzerias, we now empower over tens of thousands of restaurants with the technology, services, and collective power that owners need to better serve their digitally minded customers and build lasting businesses. We’re growing and adding more talent to help fulfil this valuable mission. That’s where you come in.
The Challenge to Solve
Empower local business owners with an incredible app-based ordering experience that both delights their customers and keeps them coming back for more.
As a senior member of the QA team, you will work collaboratively with other QA Engineers, Developers and Product managers to plan, design and execute test cases ensuring the quality of our products before they go live. You will work in a dynamic, supportive team environment, where initiative and continuous improvement is encouraged. As a senior engineer you will contribute to strategic decision making where QA is a stakeholder, e.g test approach, go/no-go on release and maintain internal QA documentation repository on Confluence as well as mentoring junior team members. Reporting to the QA Team lead we offer you exposure to a wide range of technology, process and learning while contributing to maintain the high quality standards of our software.
This role would work within normal business hours.
Your day-to-day team will include a collaborative group of QA Engineers, Developers and Product Managers working across our offices in Skopje, New York City and Belfast. You will be a versatile team player who can communicate succinctly with a variety of stakeholders in the development cycle and serve as an internal representative, advocate and expert for QA, contributing that perspective to the company in every way. You will be contributing to a repository of QA tests in response to reported bugs or new features. You will work on your own initiative and provide solutions to technical issues facing the QA team.
The Winning Recipe
We’re looking for creative, entrepreneurial engineers who are excited to build world-class products for small business counters. These are the core competencies this role calls for:
- Experience within software quality assurance (3-5 years)
- Fluent verbal and written English skills.
- Experience of test planning, test case design and execution in a fast paced release environment
- Experience in creation and management of structured test suites based on feature acceptance criteria.
- An awareness of risk in the context of software development and testing.
- Experience of test execution including raising/tracking bugs
- Experience of test management systems (e.g Test Rail)
- Work experience related to the quality of software products (troubleshooting, bug investigations, etc.)
- A working understanding of web technology (HTML, browser features, browser-based dev tools) and test approach
- A working knowledge of API testing fundamentals and related tools
- Awareness of mobile application testing fundamentals
- Experience of QA test automation using Selenium Webdriver/Appium with demonstrable ability to create/maintain framework or regression scripts
- Working knowledge of at least one of the following programming languages: Java (preferred), Ruby or Python
- Capable of mentoring and onboarding junior team members.
The Hiring Process
Here’s what we expect the hiring process for this role to be, should all go well with your candidacy. This entire process is expected to take 1-3 weeks to complete and you’d be expected to start on a specific date.
- 30 minute introductory meeting
- 30 minute hiring manager meeting
- Manual Interview & Automation Interview
- CTO meeting
Working at Slice comes with a comprehensive set of benefits, but here are some of the unexpected highlights:
- Private healthcare insurance
- Flexible Work Environment
- Remote Work
- Wellbeing Program
- Learning and Development Program