Product Manager, Restaurant
Belfast and UK Remote
Ilir Sela started Slice with the belief that local pizzerias deserve all of the advantages of major franchises without compromising their independence. Starting with his family’s pizzerias, we now empower over tens of thousands of restaurants with the technology, services, and collective power that owners need to better serve their digitally minded customers and build lasting businesses. We’re growing and adding more talent to help fulfill this valuable mission. That’s where you come in.
The Challenge to Solve
As a Product Manager you would be working on one of our fastest growing products, which is critical to enabling the “reverse franchise” product offering that we provide to independents pizzerias and restaurants.
As a member of our Product Manager team, you will own a product or coherent portfolio of features and be accountable for the entire product lifecycle and identify new areas of investment (new projects) for the product or area.
You would be partnering with cross-functional stakeholders such as Sales, Marketing, Customer Support, or Finance. Your day-to-day team activity includes defining simple, elegant solutions from understanding user needs and identifying when they may need to seek further research. You would be the product expert for your product or features with a deep understanding of their users, market and technology while fostering innovation across the whole team by creating space for it to happen.
The Winning Recipe
We’re looking for a Senior Product Manager who is excited to build world-class products for small business counters. These are the core competencies this role calls for:
- 3+ years of Product Management experience in Marketplace or SMB products.
- Experience both in analyzing data to help develop hypotheses and then constructing experiments to test them.
- Experience in driving business outcomes, as opposed to shipping features.
- Demonstrated experience using some kind of product analytics tool.
- Clear passion for Design Thinking and being a partner to Product Design.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and partner well throughout an organization.
- Meticulous in taking care of the details and demonstrating end-to-end ownership of work.
- Fluent in agile software development.
- Familiarity with the pizza or restaurant industry a bonus
Working at Slice comes with a comprehensive set of benefits, but here are some of the unexpected highlights:
- Access to medical, dental, and vision plans
- Flexible working hours
- Generous time off policies
- £200 per annum employee wellbeing allowance
- Market leading maternity and paternity schemes
- Discounts for local pizzerias (of course)
The Hiring Process
Here’s what we expect the hiring process for this role to be, should all go well with your candidacy. This entire process is expected to take 1-3 weeks to complete and you’d be expected to start on a specific date.
- 30-minute introductory meeting
- 30-minute hiring manager meeting
- Take home project and panel interviews
Pizza brings people together. Slice is no different. We’re an Equal Opportunity Employer and embrace a diversity of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law. We are also proud members of the Diversity Mark NI initiative as a Bronze Member.