Senior Software Engineer, Restaurant Engineering
Ilir Sela started Slice with the belief that local pizzerias deserve all of the advantages of major franchises without compromising their independence. Starting with his family’s pizzerias, we now empower over tens of thousands of restaurants with the technology, services, and collective power that owners need to better serve their digitally minded customers and build lasting businesses. We’re growing and adding more talent to help fulfil this valuable mission. That’s where you come in.
The Challenge to Solve
Develop web services for both internal and restaurant facing applications using the latest technologies and design patterns available.
In the Restaurant platform engineering squad you will focus on building and maintaining backend services that support various client applications. You will collaborate with multiple other Engineers on the team and also with Product Managers while focusing on building products based on a roadmap. Python will be the primary programming language you’ll be working with, potentially touching on Ruby or Golang on occasion too.
The Restaurant team is home to a group of world class engineers and engineering leaders from around the globe. They are a hugely collaborative team and partner daily with engineers from other squads, Product Managers, Designers, and Data Scientists to execute on objectives and implement best practices while delivering for our amazing shop owners! Over time, as a Senior Engineer, you’ll contribute to growing the team by helping to conduct interviews with prospective new joiners!
The Winning Recipe
We’re looking for creative, entrepreneurial engineers who are excited to build world-class products for small business counters. These are the core competencies this role calls for:
- 5+ years experience building commercial software in a modern programming language. Python is heavily preferred, but Ruby or Golang knowledge with a willingness to learn Python can also be considered
- Thorough understanding of and experience working with relational databases such as MySQL or PostgreSQL
- Experience with unit testing, integration testing, end to end testing and functional testing
- Comfortable in Linux/Unix-like environments, CI/CD pipeline for development and deployments, monitoring applications and AWS
- Able to clearly express opinions on product design, while respecting the thoughts and opinions of their peers
Working at Slice comes with a comprehensive set of benefits, but here are some of the unexpected highlights:
- Access to medical, dental, and vision plans
- Flexible working hours
- Generous time off policies
- £200 per annum employee wellbeing allowance
- Market leading maternity and paternity schemes
- Discounts for local pizzerias (of course)
The Hiring Process
Here’s what we expect the hiring process for this role to be, should all go well with your candidacy. This entire process is expected to take 1-3 weeks to complete and you’d be expected to start on a specific date.
- 30 minute introductory meeting
- 30 minute hiring manager meeting
- Pairing Interview & Technical Interview
- CTO meeting
Pizza brings people together. Slice is no different. We’re an Equal Opportunity Employer and embrace a diversity of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law. We are also proud members of the Diversity Mark NI initiative as a Bronze Member.