Territory Manager, In-Market Sales - Detroit
Ilir Sela started Slice with the belief that local pizzerias deserve all of the advantages of major franchises without compromising their independence. Starting with his family’s pizzerias, we now empower over tens of thousands of restaurants with the technology, services, and collective power that owners need to better serve their digitally minded customers and build lasting businesses. We’re growing and adding more talent to help fulfill this valuable mission. That’s where you come in.
The Challenge to Solve
Empower local business owners with an incredible in-store ordering experience that offers industry leading pricing and streamlines business operations.
As a Territory Manager, you will be responsible for driving the growth of your market. The Territory Manager team serves as the face of Slice in educating pizzeria owners about the value of partnering with Slice on our full suite of products to grow their business. Your goals will be a combination of new restaurant acquisition, upselling existing Slice partners on additional products and services, preventing shop churn, and building relationships with shop owners, both prospective and partners. In this role, you will oversee the whole sales and upsell process from prospect to pitch to close. You will primarily be traveling around your territory to meet with owners in person, while also spending time on the phone scheduling appointments and increasing touch-points with owners. This is a high-velocity, strategic sales role with lots of daily touch-points to different shops to achieve targets.
You will report to one of our US Sales Managers and collaborate closely with our Director of Sales Strategy. You will be part of a territory-specific pod consisting of Inside Sales Reps and Account Managers, and you will work together to achieve goals and exceed targets. Lastly as this is a new position at Slice, you will work closely with Sales leadership & strategic teams, sharing insights to help us continuously refine our operating model.
The Winning Recipe
We're looking for a highly-motivated, entrepreneurial individual who is comfortable closing sales, operating in ambiguous situations, and collaborating with various cross-functional teams to maximize success.
These are the core competencies this role calls for:
- 3-6 years of in-market selling or territory management experience (SMB and/or restaurant-tech industry is a plus, but not required)
- Strong track record of being a top performer and consistently exceeding goals
- Goal-oriented, excellent organizational abilities & relationship building skills, and a passion for managing the details
- A hustler who thrives in an ever-changing, fast-paced startup environment and is willing to contribute wherever necessary as plans and priorities change
- Excellent communication skills; effectively leads pitches and presentations and is comfortable both on the phone and in-market.
- Ability to problem-solve and cater pitches to address owner pain points in real time
- A go-getter who is coachable, adaptable, internally motivated, and resilient
- A valid driver's license and vehicle for travel
- Salesforce experience is ideal, not required
- Most importantly, you are excited about selling Slice and sharing our mission every day!
Working at Slice comes with a comprehensive set of benefits, but here are some of the unexpected highlights:
- Flexible PTO
- Market leading medical, vision and dental insurance
- 401K matching up to 4%
- Monthly wellness reimbursement/stipend
- Weekly pizza stipend (Yes, that’s a thing!)
The Hiring Process
Here’s what we expect the hiring process for this role to be, should all go well with your candidacy. This entire process is expected to take 2-3 weeks to complete and you’d be expected to start on a specific date.
- 30 minute introductory meeting with Recruiter
- 2 30 min meetings with US Sales Manager and Director of Sales Strategy
- 45 min panel presentation and case study
Pizza brings people together. Slice is no different. We’re an Equal Opportunity Employer and embrace a diversity of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.